SAU Community

Blackrex's Racecar Buildup

blackrex

Nope, it's a 08 Hayabusa motor.

Club events first to learn the car, and then hopefully I'll come up to NSW and give Neil a run, or there might even be a national series again that the car can run in.

I got wood just thinking about how this thing will go. Hope you are into training your neck as the next morning will hurt like a bitch with the G's it will pull. In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say the car may hurt you more than you can hurt it. :thumbsup:

That is one serious bit of kit. It will be good to see some pictures of the car once it has been fully assembled.

How quick are these compared to Neil's car?

I've made some more room in my shed... I'm still waiting on a few parts to arrive before I can really make a start on the build, mainly been cleaning and preparing parts for the last week.

Looks like a Radical and Meridian Motorsport are the Oz agents so makes sense... is it an SR3?

Nope, it's a Speads RS09, Meridian are the agents for them in Australia however.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Anyone know or have the timing specs for these cams?   i have messaged JUN for two months with zero response    they are 288in/288ex 11.6 lift
    • That would be a rarity. You can emulate the function of the stalk just by bridging the appropriate pins in the connector. If you can make it function correctly by doing so, then the wiring etc is OK and it is the stalk.
    • I've had these LEDs and a LED EP34 flasher relay in the car since 2020. No fuses were popped either. I'll multimeter and clean off the tarnish tomorrow. From how the lights were acting after I diddle the stick make me lean towards a stalk problem.
    • Are you sure you can use LEDs in the indicator lamps? On a car that old? It doesn't work on many old cars because the indicator relay can't cope with the wrong impedance out at the lamp positions and the LEDs will happily light up even with minimal current flowing through the indicator relay. And when I say "indicator relay" I mean the flasher, not a relay relay. Beyond that, I would say that you have caused yourself a wiring fault and that you would be well advised to work through the wiring diagram and the actual loom with a multimeter.
    • Did some more messing around with this issue. I think the stalk is the problem. i wiggled it around a bit. When i went to put the signal up for a left turn, all the signals blinked lol. I'm gonna try and clean the tarnish off the copper and see if that works. this still doesnt explain why the left side/fronts are constant on ACC/On after i pulled the stalk. may be a ground from the stalk thats causing it. IDKkKkKk. I'll report back