SAU Community

R32 Gts4

redhr32

• 8 months later...

old post but i want to know the same!! thinking of getting a r32 gst4, and i have the rb25det RWD wondering if it can be done

i read: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Mo...90#entry5214690

and not 100% sure..

can i modify standard sump, use the original rb20gts4 sump, use rb26dett sump, or use a sump of a stag rb25det 4wd motor??

hame

How about.. buy a gtr.. seriously.

For all the cost and headfskcs.. get a lot better car from the get go, seen some really nice ones advertised for very sensible amounts with all the bits you want already done.

Yeh heller makes a good point... i got a gts-4 its awesome n all but the costs of doing all that work might aswell get a gtr...

But on the flipside apparently the Stagea engine is the best drop in for it since its a 4wd motor :(

yeah i know the stag motor apparently drops in!!

i dont have a car atm, n all i have is a worked rb25det and box with pfc to match, seen a cheap gts-4 for sale and wanted to see if i can put my set up in it, hence the questions!! i'd love a gtr but out of my price range atm

Would be more fun in a gtst.. :(

diff/sump setup won't bolt to the rwd block, so need a sump adapter. Not looked into it myself, but the rb30 adapter might be an option.

Edited by heller44

yeah i read that in another topic that the rb30 adapter may be an options, is the bolt pattern the same of the rb30 and rb25 blocks. The rb30 adapter is made to fit an rb26 sump yes?

hame

Thing is i have a perfectly good rb25det sitting downstairs with a manual box, all the bolt on mods you see in my signature, and am thinking of getting a gts-4 just wondering if it is possible? can ytou refrill the RWD block to accomodate for the stagea 4wd or rb26 4wd sump??

hame

yeah true but have limited funds to buy motors atm =(

i might just look for a gts-t to put it back in...

Just want to know if it is possible to tap the 2WD block, putting the the holes for a 4WD sump???

thanks for that mate, just wondering if any one has the specs of rb26 sumps, rb25det 4dw sumps and rb20det 4wd sumps

I'm just about to finish my stagea conversion in my gts4 r33. I would not get a gtst rwd motor and dump it in there as you will need to get a rwd gearbox which costs more money. George is correct in saying it is basically a drop in motor, however your only real problem is changing the diff. My plan was to do this conversion all along for a mini zilla. So if you think you are committed enough to do the conversion yourself it can be very simple. Im not sure about r32s however lot of the r33 parts from the na are compatible

thanks for that man, i am confident on the conversion, done 2 rb20det s13's. I do also have the RWD gearbox (did i mention this)?? But the gts-t has a a blown rb20det motor in it already so there i parts i can play with there.

• 3 weeks later...

built rb25 and box + datsun 260Z = Fun

You cant simply re-drill the 2WD block to plonk an AWD sump and diff onto it.... it's a different block.

Honestly, if you cant afford to buy a stag motor/box... maybe you should hold off on any kind of performance conversion?

J.