SAU Community

Lol Another First Yellow Thread

Impact

yep so after havn my skyline for 6 months i jus got my first yellow on sat night.

my mum was driving it (skipperin myself and a few mates to subi), took off from the lights, very slowly and then cops do a u turn and pull us over..

so aparantly my headlight was out - tru, and just a globed

they used a notepad to check the height of my ride (1- mum parked up on the curb so it was angled 2- when i asked if they had a tape measure they responded with, nope dont need 1)

i checked the heights when i got home, my sides are 120mm, front 130, rear 130, so i believe im fine there

they said my front struts have been cut for the radiator... even tho its all bolted into stock mounts (sais my mechanic mate)

and BOV needs to be plumbed - fair enough

also they have asked for a DB test.. all i have is a catback, like the very back part of the exhaust, the rest is stock.. its not even looud and they wouldnt of heard it anyway as mum was driving like a nanna.

thoughts?

Your lights need to work

You cant have an atmo bov.

No idea what your on about with the struts.

Even if your car is legal height the bov/light is enough to get yellowed.

If your worried about the volume of the exhaust borrow a dB reader and check.

ah yer, i know lights needa be working - duh lol, and i know about the atmo bov

ive got new globe and getting bov plumbed properly.

prety much jus askn if there is anything else i should get checked before going over pits?

This is starting to get a bit common, never seen so many ' i got a sticker' posts in such a short time. for height , you have to get under your car and measure how far your exhaust is from the ground, gunna have to ba around 120mm minimum to pass

^, ride height is from the lowest part of your car, which could be your exhaust or your diff etc etc.

and do you mean the metal struts that go down infront of your rad support bar?

most of the time, if theyve decided theyre going to give you a sticker, your going to get it. if you argue about something, theyll just find another reason why its unroadworthy..

I must admit those cops on saturday night were so rude.....

And one of the coppers was saying that the BOV is illegal and i was like "umm no its not, that is a factory item" (he didnt know it was atmo).

Funny thing was, his mum was driving and we were like WTF....and these cops legitimately had NO mechanical knowledge.....

lol main thing i hate is that they didnt even have a f**king tape measure.. and they said "we dont need 1, thats what this notepad is for"

lol it was a fkn passport.. not a fkn tapemeasure. AND we were half on the curb, and they knew it

This is starting to get a bit common, never seen so many ' i got a sticker' posts in such a short time.

Agreed

The more reason for me to take the Camry out if I need to drive anywhere after dark on a weekend.

& to the OP good luck with getting your sticker removed.