SAU Community

Sau Nsw Oran Park South Track Driver Training Day

Neil

ive got some water wetter you can have, left overs from the shop,

yeah thats why we're running a flux capacitor in the new car. bloody car has always run hot even with all the changes over the years (overdriven water pump, big radiator etc) but runs about 10o cooler with water than coolant

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Stu wants a timer, and what not... Lemme know Stu...

Duncan, need to have a chatsie with you and Brad one day soon... Re setting car up properly for a certain race category...

yeah thats why we're running a flux capacitor in the new car. bloody car has always run hot even with all the changes over the years (overdriven water pump, big radiator etc) but runs about 10o cooler with water than coolant

Strange question... Have you earthed the radiator? Not just through the mounts either... Full earth cable...

PS... It was never really that hot... :(

We rolled in at about 4:30 am Monday and went to work as well, No holiday up here. As you could Imagine it has taken a couple of days to get back on track, and get a clip together. Sara spent a fair bit of time wandering about getting Random bits to string together and some incar as well. The bump in the straight claimed 2 good tires which was very annoying. Semi's reaped a 50.23 according to the time sig on the tape and the slicks pulled a 48.09. I'm not saying there a real official time as the camera a bit of a shake with the slicks on. my fav part is the ducks crossing the track.

Sorry some of the quality isn't quite up there, I trying some different formats for uploading. Suggestions are most welcome.

Ps. Thanks to SAU NSW for putting on a great day, we had a ball and would do it again this weekend if there was enough $$$ in the bank.

http://www.vimeo.com/6942621

Sorry some of the quality isn't quite up there, I trying some different formats for uploading. Suggestions are most welcome.

Ps. Thanks to SAU NSW for putting on a great day, we had a ball and would do it again this weekend if there was enough $$$ in the bank.

You had the Yellow R33 that did the big left tyre lockup into turn one? I've got that in slow motion video. I don't have a lot of other video of your car just a few bits. If you want me to cut you a CD PM me your address. Didn't know you came all the way down from Qld! Wow, what a farewell to OP.

We rolled in at about 4:30 am Monday and went to work as well, No holiday up here. As you could Imagine it has taken a couple of days to get back on track, and get a clip together. Sara spent a fair bit of time wandering about getting Random bits to string together and some incar as well. The bump in the straight claimed 2 good tires which was very annoying. Semi's reaped a 50.23 according to the time sig on the tape and the slicks pulled a 48.09. I'm not saying there a real official time as the camera a bit of a shake with the slicks on. my fav part is the ducks crossing the track.

Ps. Thanks to SAU NSW for putting on a great day, we had a ball and would do it again this weekend if there was enough $$ in the bank.

http://www.vimeo.com/6942621

those f**king ducks nearly went in my radiator twice

I almost forgot about the ducks - they were crossing the track at turn one when I came in on one lap, and because they're dark brown I could only just see them. Luckily I wasn't pushing on that lap, the pedal had started to fade the lap before, so I was taking it easy (or easier, anyway).

Ok, so just got an update on the kid that got taken to hospital from the Go Karting that was going on on the North Track.

Had the kid been wearing a cheaper helmet, he would have died.

He has broken his cheek bone in 5 places

Broken Jaw as well.

He was in a coma, and they are removing the drain plug from his brain today.

They are unsure if permanent damage has been sustained.

One of the girls i work with, her cousin was racing in the go karts.

I'll keep updating as I hear.

But wishing him a speedy recovery.

car was much better behaved this time around, i was confident on the brakes where as last time i shit myself when i had to brake as she wanted to swap ends. Still have to sort out light throttle as it wasnt happy, and check reverse and 6th gear selector as there is an issue there, but all in all, big improvement on last time. might be up for the next group up next track day.

btw stu you need to get a timer in the car, I reckon you were getting around there in a pretty decent time...

might be up for the next group up next track day.

You should be in the fast group with us. You're quick enough and you'll be surprised how much you improve when your chasing someone quick, ie. Duncan and Neil. (but if you try and imitate what Neil does with that radical in a car you'll end up in a world of trouble, lol)

I was in group 1 on road tyres in the GTR so you'll be fine.

Besides your car looks and sounds fast and we all know that's what really counts :D

Strange question... Have you earthed the radiator? Not just through the mounts either... Full earth cable...

yep, although not deliberately. it is solid mounted at the top no rubber bushes

Ok, so just got an update on the kid that got taken to hospital from the Go Karting that was going on on the North Track.

Had the kid been wearing a cheaper helmet, he would have died.

He has broken his cheek bone in 5 places

Broken Jaw as well.

He was in a coma, and they are removing the drain plug from his brain today.

They are unsure if permanent damage has been sustained.

One of the girls i work with, her cousin was racing in the go karts.

I'll keep updating as I hear.

But wishing him a speedy recovery.

really appreciate the update, thanks Chris. We all hope it turns out OK for him, that was among the nastiest things I've seen at the race track, and is exactly why I always race with plenty of metal around me.

I was in group 1 on road tyres in the GTR so you'll be fine.

haha you were fine.....but i noticed you took some shortcuts only the locals know :D actually you pedalled it damn well considering the street tyres.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Got some decent progress after work yesterday and also today. Got the ECU all wired and passenger side interior all back together. Kept the wiring up nice and high to avoid people standing on it. Got the surge tank relays rewired and tidied up the pump wiring and cut a hole to bring the cables through.  I found a spare USB cable I had lying around so I decided to cut it up and see if I could use it for my CAN 1 bus. Turned out one of the pins I needed was to the shield of the cable so i cut it up and desoldered it and resoldered to the correct pins.  Had the issue with the powersteering hose hitting the A/C compressor and fan shroud. I pulled the bracket off and modified it to remove the front mounting point which now clears it all. Will keep an eye on it to see if theres any signs of fouling once it's up and running.
    • That's some good input mate. Nice.
    • So today I went well outside my comfort zone (again) to replace my valve cover gasket.  I have had a big leak over the exhaust leading to a lot of smoke and smell every time I drove it. The leak was in the rear driver's corner.  The job wasn't hard as such, just a bit finicky and time consuming.  The old gasket was rock hard and broken right where the leak was.  The leaky corner had so much sitting oil in it.  The good news to my amateur eyes was no buildup or sludge under the cover. It all looked fairly nice in there.   I haven't started it yet. I ran out of light and body when putting the coils and injector loom back in. Probs only 30min left for the morning.  I was so nervous putting the cover back on, I must have lifted it 5 times to make sure the gasket was still seated properly. God it's going to be nice to be leak free and not make other traffic light queuers think my car is about to explode.
    • Gave the Mazda it's first wash, it will need some clay, a light compound, and polish polish to remove a few swirl marks, but that will be a job for when I have a full day to get my DA polisher action on
    • Just did this job on my 32 with the boost doc kit. was quite simple to fit, hardest part was getting the rubber bungs back on the firewall. does anyone know how the heater will work now without the flap in the bend? Will I just have a heater on 24/7 now?