SAU Community

Heading Over To Nismo Festival 2009

jeff

lucky the weather turned up for us and gave us a dry but cool day

plenty of pics to come... too sore from the drive back with the farken traffic. a 1.5 hr drive took nearly 4 hrs!

We got in the van at 3.45pm, i didnt walk into my hotel until midnight. That was and will be the worst traffic jam i have ever experienced.

But was an awesome weekend and bought alot of great gear. The Tomei stand is where we picked up the best bargains.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a small favour to ask. anyone in japan at the moment who is coming back to aus and would like to help me out and make a couple of bux, could you please buy me a carton of Mild Seven Super Lights (hard pack or soft pack either is fine)? it's easy to buy them at whatever airport you leave from (have to buy them at the departing jap airport as they don't have them at aus arrivals duty free).

they cost 2,000 JPY duty free and I'll happily give you some reasonable AUD for your time. :laugh: I'm a big mild seven fan but sadly they don't sell them in aus any more so I have to get them anyway I can!!

Anyone who can help please send me a pm and I'll send you some $$ straight away. it can also be a good way to get rid of any yen that may be burning a whole in your pocket as you leave JP.

PLS help the beer baron!! and enjoy your time in japan.

arigato gozaimasu!! :(

What kind of stuff did you guys buy?

GTR cam covers

Tomei Trax LSD

A few gear knobs from various companies

A turbo bellmouth from Garage Saurus :D

Nismo MFD from Top Secret

Nismo thermostat

Just to name a few.

I've got a small favour to ask. anyone in japan at the moment who is coming back to aus and would like to help me out and make a couple of bux, could you please buy me a carton of Mild Seven Super Lights (hard pack or soft pack either is fine)? it's easy to buy them at whatever airport you leave from (have to buy them at the departing jap airport as they don't have them at aus arrivals duty free).

they cost 2,000 JPY duty free and I'll happily give you some reasonable AUD for your time. :P I'm a big mild seven fan but sadly they don't sell them in aus any more so I have to get them anyway I can!!

Anyone who can help please send me a pm and I'll send you some $$ straight away. it can also be a good way to get rid of any yen that may be burning a whole in your pocket as you leave JP.

PLS help the beer baron!! and enjoy your time in japan.

arigato gozaimasu!! :D

ive burnt my last yen for the mrs with some chanel perfume ... Y16100 for perfume :P

baron, happy to get it for you. ill try now... back in sydney tomorrow afternoon. im sure youll return the favour next time youre here

sitting in yahoo cafe right now :D

ive burnt my last yen for the mrs with some chanel perfume ... Y16100 for perfume :)

baron, happy to get it for you. ill try now... back in sydney tomorrow afternoon. im sure youll return the favour next time youre here

sitting in yahoo cafe right now :D

thanks mate. much appreciated, and of course happy to do favours of any type, any time. :D

And i thought i had some good shots lol

Great pics Jeff!

The standout cars at Fuji for me was the red R33 GTR Series 3 and the HKS R34.

That R31 Wagon with the RB25 was also a stunner.

The whole day was great though, it was amazing to see the difference in speed between the R32 GTR race cars of the day, to the latest Z33s and R35s.

The poor 32s didnt stand a chance. Kind of sad to see really. But there is 2 decades worth of development between them.

The V8 powered R35s looked awesome and sounded great.

We got in the line at the parts shop about an hour and a half before it opened and we were still in the last section of the line :)

I only bought a jacket lol Steve and Shaun picked up a wheel each.

Tomei stand took most of my coin, they had parts for sale at prices i couldnt pass up. They had 2 RB25 heads for $50 each!!!! Cams for $230 each!!!! I picked up a set of RB26 cam covers for $100 :ph34r:

But carrying the diff from the circuit to the van almost killed me. Then i had to carry it to the post office from my hotel, i just hope it gets to me in one piece. It was the full kit so that means it had 2L of oil in the box. I just hope customs doesnt pull it up.

I have heaps of pics an footage from the various event we attended. It will take me months to go through it all.

Great trip!!!

And i thought i had some good shots lol

Great pics Jeff!

cheers mate. the canon 450d got a good workout throughout the day. Last time I went to an event (SuperGT in Sepang in June this year) I had a 10mp Olympus was too slow to take any decent pics

I met Steve and Shaun (I think, sorry guys if I get the names wrong) at Gold Coast on the way back.

As for us, we arrived at FSW around 8am and I was packing it to see how many people were lining up already :D

Luckily I still ended up with a Volk Racing 18x12.5 rim. But measuring it with the tape last night, it was 19x13.75? im sure someone here will tell me whats going on there.

Black Nismo rims were selling for Y20,000

White Calsonic rims were Y10,000

Picked mine up for a measely Y3,000 !!!

I too loved it when the 32's came out but also couldnt believe how much slower they were to the 33, 34 and the current Super GT cars.

Car parts in a few stalls and diecast models everywhere... wouldve loved to expand my collection but just stayed away.. Mrs wouldnt have been too happy with this purchase!

here's a pic of my girl and the Volk rim (from Lexus Zent Cerumo Team)

3743cb1_20.jpeg

happy days...

next trip has to be a supergt race next year or another nismo festival in a couple of years time

Nismo Festival was great, car park was worth the admission! So many nice cars. I've got lots of pics but I will upload them once I'm back home in another week.

BTW nice to meet you Jeff, I was the guy who also jumped on the wrong end of the train and saw you again at Nismo fest. Realised it was you after the fact :(

I've spent lots of money on stuff too but perhaps thankfully it has been hard to find stock of a few bits I wanted so I'm not over budget yet. Made the trip out to Yashio Factory for some pink bits for my Sil too

Anyhow mega-update in a week with R35 hire car adventure pics too.

• 2 weeks later...