SAU Community

Condensation In My Headlights =s

dozey05

You need to remove the headlight and find the leak and seal it or else it's just going to reoccur.

As far as getting rid of what's in there, your best option is more than likely going to be to go for a night cruise so your headlights are on for enough time to evaporate the condensation that's in there.

• 2 years later...

Mine's doing the same thing, if I remember someone told me it was cos my front bumper was sagging which made the seal not fit as it should or something ..

check on the top of the headlight, there should be a rubber seal near the indicator side, mine wasn't sealed properly as i can pry it out with my fingers and it exposes a hole to the insides, i believ this is where my headlights fog up/get cloudy from.

check on the top of the headlight, there should be a rubber seal near the indicator side, mine wasn't sealed properly as i can pry it out with my fingers and it exposes a hole to the insides, i believ this is where my headlights fog up/get cloudy from.

• 2 weeks later...

My R34's headlights have been like this since I got it from import, but they seem to have a murky type of film on the inside of the glass. Does anybody know if the light housing and the glass separates? ...Is there a way of cleaning it out?

My R34's headlights have been like this since I got it from import, but they seem to have a murky type of film on the inside of the glass. Does anybody know if the light housing and the glass separates? ...Is there a way of cleaning it out?

It does, but you have to heat it up in an oven or with a heatgun to soften the sealer, then pry it apart. Depends how game you are.

It does, but you have to heat it up in an oven or with a heatgun to soften the sealer, then pry it apart. Depends how game you are.

hhmmm, that sounds a bit of a challenge. What would i use to re-seal them?

• 2 weeks later...

black silicon!

google how to remove supra headlights and there are few tutorials on the internet to do it.

I know it might sound simple, but i don't want to just do something blindly, thanks dori34!

i did mine, a few times actually..:D

it wouldnt fit in my oven and i wouldnt recomend it anyway

what i did was buy a 20$ heat gun form bunnings..the you just keep running it all around the seal for 10 minutes or so with out getting to close to melt the light of course..just keep it moving and get all the silicon very warm..

Then when its all warm, concentrate on one end, the inside end (where the grill is) is best, warm it real hot then just hold the light between your feet and pry that end apart .do not try to pry the whole lot at once just do the end

When you have opened one end work your way around heating a section and pulling it apart..should take 3 or 4 turns and the whole cover will be off.

it really isnt too hard, but it takes patience, dont try force it apart, if the silicon is hot enough it will pry apart without too much effort..once the seal is cracked its easy

Too put it back together just reheat the silicon and stick it back together you don't really need to put new silicon in..

you can also use the heatgun to dry the condensation, but dont get too close..i made that mistake once and your light goes from fine too f**ked in about 3 second..

..im glad I read this thread cause its done it again so maybe its that little rubber hose causing my problems.. :thumbsup:

what i did was buy a 20$ heat gun form bunnings..the you just keep running it all around the seal for 10 minutes or so with out getting to close to melt the light of course..just keep it moving and get all the silicon very warm..

Then when its all warm, concentrate on one end, the inside end (where the grill is) is best, warm it real hot then just hold the light between your feet and pry that end apart .do not try to pry the whole lot at once just do the end

When you have opened one end work your way around heating a section and pulling it apart..should take 3 or 4 turns and the whole cover will be off.

it really isnt too hard, but it takes patience, dont try force it apart, if the silicon is hot enough it will pry apart without too much effort..once the seal is cracked its easy

Too put it back together just reheat the silicon and stick it back together you don't really need to put new silicon in..

you can also use the heatgun to dry the condensation, but dont get too close..i made that mistake once and your light goes from fine too f**ked in about 3 second..

..im glad I read this thread cause its done it again so maybe its that little rubber hose causing my problems.. :thumbsup:

hmm sounds easy enough .. but knowing me, i'll probably heat the glass, pry it off, shatter everywhere and in my eyes lol

will defs be giving this a go though, cheers for the info Artz!

Thanx ARTZ, I'll swallow my fears of the unknown and have a go at it, might try to get some pix to post for everybody else

• 3 weeks later...

I know a some people lights are real bad on the inside, but sometimes u might be suprised at how dirty/foggy the outsides are.

In my pic i left the bottom left corner dirty for you to see the difference, I clean mine once in a while with Autosol. comes up beautiful! Def worth a try before pulling things apart. It works good on foggy looking indicators too:)

IMG_2282.jpg