SAU Community

R30 4dr For Sale!

GTR30

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body resto and what ever needs done to be done then will see if i build another motor but add a few goodies in side

and bolt on s will see what turns up no rush as i think it's a good buy doesn't owe me a fortune so spending some on

it no an issue.Finding the parts will be.

congratulations mate hope you're happy with the purchase and if you need anything just give us a ring...

looking forward to some updates trickling through soon :thumbsup:

congratulations mate hope you're happy with the purchase and if you need anything just give us a ring...

looking forward to some updates trickling through soon :blink:

Hey Mate

Yeah real happy really nice car will be going in the shed and spend a few bob on the body as we spoke about

then see what i can do to screw some more Hp out of it but keeping it as it looks ie: cam rods head turbo ecu

etc etc, all in good time though.

get in contact with 'stagefumer' who is one of the users on here

He wringed 130kW out of his L20et, he used VG30et injectors and turbo, exhaust and a few other bits from memory.

Seeing as you are in melbourne, I suggest getting in contact with Status Tuning in Dandynong or some other NISTUNE professional tuner, they will highly likely be able to rig up a RB30e ECU to replace the L20et one.

The RB ecu can be re-tuned on the dyno/laptop/ air fuel guage combo,

the flap style AFM can be replaced with the RB30e unit too.

the L20et cant be re-tuned itself as no-one really has hacked it, as its too many hours needed and just easier to get a later model ECCS unit.

the 300zxt (Z32) ECU is also a good one, has better resolution,

A mate had his RB30e turboed with just ebay bolt ons, and had his ECU chipped from a fella in Adelaide, 'darkhalf'... anyway his dyno run as stockish RB30e netted 102kW at the rears, then with turbo gear, and the chipped ecu... 210kW at the wheels. that was an 8 hour install. Was a ripper of a day, drove in at 6am, drove out sideways thet evening

Thanks for the info will file it away for future reference i need to get some front panels first though do the body so any help on panels for one of these would

be appreciated.

Hi,

Post up a list of what you're looking for. There are some R30's at a local pick-a-part. (Best one disappeared recently - hate to think what happened to it). I can do some scouting (with camera) if you like.

JH

I am wrecking a 4 door hatchback currently. Shipping will be a killer though.

front panels are spoken for, basically all that is of use to you is the front stone tray and the doors?

So how are the 'bit' for me coming along, or have you forgotten ?

Nigel

I am wrecking a 4 door hatchback currently. Shipping will be a killer though.

front panels are spoken for, basically all that is of use to you is the front stone tray and the doors?

How straight is the front stone tray?

see what i can do to screw some more Hp out of it but keeping it as it looks ie: cam rods head turbo ecu

etc etc, all in good time though.

Why would you bother with an L20ET?

Just bung in an L28E and associated turbo gear (yank ebay would be your friend for stuff like L28ET manifold and injectors, afm, ecu etc). Will end up about 1,000,000,000,000x better off than modding the L20. Simple maths, 40% more capacity is going to make a massive difference.

get in contact with 'stagefumer' who is one of the users on here

He wringed 130kW out of his L20et, he used VG30et injectors and turbo, exhaust and a few other bits from memory.

Seeing as you are in melbourne, I suggest getting in contact with Status Tuning in Dandynong or some other NISTUNE professional tuner, they will highly likely be able to rig up a RB30e ECU to replace the L20et one.

The RB ecu can be re-tuned on the dyno/laptop/ air fuel guage combo,

the flap style AFM can be replaced with the RB30e unit too.

the L20et cant be re-tuned itself as no-one really has hacked it, as its too many hours needed and just easier to get a later model ECCS unit.

the 300zxt (Z32) ECU is also a good one, has better resolution,

A mate had his RB30e turboed with just ebay bolt ons, and had his ECU chipped from a fella in Adelaide, 'darkhalf'... anyway his dyno run as stockish RB30e netted 102kW at the rears, then with turbo gear, and the chipped ecu... 210kW at the wheels. that was an 8 hour install. Was a ripper of a day, drove in at 6am, drove out sideways thet evening

paint and panel would be foremost but a simple turbo upgrade to a VG30 and a decent intercooler would see a 30kw gain or 130kw easily. And cheap too

i think i have seen this around a few times. one time i recall in bay st brighton? is this the same one?

yeah that's where i work... got a JZX100 now :)

i would have bought it just for that rear garnish for the boot lid!

yeah you don't find them anymore and the aussie delivered one ain't the same... i did see a wrecked one in QLD years back that had the same boot trim and it was still good but yeah, years ago

paint and panel would be foremost but a simple turbo upgrade to a VG30 and a decent intercooler would see a 30kw gain or 130kw easily. And cheap too

And LAG out your ass on an L20A engine.

Me for one, likes response from the loud pedal and therefore bigger turbo's on a little and very badly designed motor is not a plus in my opinion.

Cheers, D