SAU Community

Car Got Keyed

I never used to park my V35 in town or for that matter when I went shopping I would allways park far away from other cars as I could because my cars paint was in top nick and I had no pin dents in the body. Then I sold my daily hack a couple of weeks ago which I would park in town without fear of anything happening and if anything did it would not bother me

Anyhow went out to dinner in Flinders street "bars n clubs/restruants" and just over an hour later I came back to see this

WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE JEALOUS ASSHOLES :down::)

f**king up someone elses car or property is just something I would never ever do. Particually someone random who I dont even know

scratch is deep and cuts through to undercoat so theres no way i can polish it out :mad:

Now iv never had a car keyed before and have no idea of what is going to cost to fix, I wouldent care so much if it was just on the door but because its on the rear quarter its going to make things more expensive to repair

anyone know what im going to be looking @ to get it fixed? iv got full comp insurance with NRMA and i think my excess is $500

post-9102-1253441602_thumb.jpg

Too much dickheads walking around in the city. Might worth consider to spend extra $$$ for the secure parking, no matter how expensive it is...

My brother's mint Accord Euro was also keyed in the city, in Lt Lonsdale st in front of just a normal apartment...

Always do try cut & polish first and see if it buffs out...

if not, looks like at least a $600 professional panel job for you.

if cut & polish can't get it out, well then...

That photo you showed me, that is at least a 2 panel job, possibly requiring blending in on the front guard (3 panels) depending how close the scratch is to the door hinges.

how much is your insurance excess? if it's $500, and you want to be very anal about the quality, I would suggest get it done via insurer's repairer.

Going via approved insurance repairer will give you security in case the result is bad and you need to come back...

if they do a bad job, you can always complaint to your insurer to have it repaired at no extra cost to you.

If your excess is $1000-1500, probably you'd be better off going private.

i feel your pain mate, insted mine was worse, came to my car with a fire hydrant threw the windscreen and dints on the bonet and drives a pillar and roof...ex gf's ex bf problems..but i wont get into that. good luck with it mate.

Anyone know what the paint code is for my silver 03 V35? Or even better is it the same paint as any other nissan? maxima, 350z etc? Because I have to go to the panel shop 2morow for a quote on the damage and im betting this is the 1st V35 they have seen being in the far north and all....

Thank goodness im moving back to the coast mid October

Ouch, that is just.. wrong =/

Feel your pain, i've been egged twice and it's taken paint off (twice).

If it's gone to primer and even metal, buff and polish won't work. It'll be a respray. Now you can get the pro detailers to actually hide it, that's very easy - they sand/polish down the edges of the scratch and it actually becomes quite hidden/blended in but at close look you will see it (also because you know it's there). You can also get a body shop to mix up paint according to your paint code then get a detailer to fill that paint into the scratch and then buff/polish etc but it's quite time consuming. Then of course you've got the respray option, looking at the damage, a reputable company that does a good job will ask ~$1000 for it (here in sydney anyways).

I used to be a detailer, so not talking outta my arse.

GL man

Visited the insurance preferred panel shop this morning and it’s looking like a $1000+ job so considering my $500 excess looks like I’m going through insurance. Hope they don’t drag their feet as I need this done before 13th of October because I’m moving back to the Gold Coast

I’ll consider this scratch a parting gift from the lowlifes of Townsville...