SAU Community

Road Trip

br3ndan

Hey guys,

so a few of my friends and i are planning to go down to esperance next week. As much as i would of loved to take the skyline for a blast down there... it wasnt practical enough, so we taking a 2007 honda civic instead... This also means that standard ULP is ok to use...

I was just wondering who here has made the trip? Hows the petrol stations on the way down?

We will be taking Albany hwy then onto Robinson road then down great southern hwy.. then into esperance...

Pondering if we should take 2x 10 litre jerry cans with us just incase?? We will be leaving early morning so im sure petrols stations will defiently be open... just the matter of fact if they exist down those roads!!

Any advice would be great guys!

Cheers,

Brendan

It is only around 700km to get there.

The civic will get around 500km to a tank - there will be a minimum of 7 - 8 petrol stations along the way.

It's just Esperance. Not Uluru

Just watch out for those "no speed limit" signs. They can be a problem :P

i think you find that on highway driving the civic should get closers to 600-700km to a tank

but dan what happens if aliens attack those 7 - 8 petrol stations along the way what ever will he do :P

serious post:

i would just plan your route, then located all the towns along it and they should all have fuel stops. the only problem you MAY face is if you are leaving very early or very late. as i think you will find they may not be able 24hr ones in the bush

Pondering if we should take 2x 10 litre jerry cans with us just incase?? We will be leaving early morning so im sure petrols stations will defiently be open... just the matter of fact if they exist down those roads!!

2czynwz.jpg

If you are travelling at 5am id me mildly concerned of not finding an open petrol station.

Are you aware of the amount of traffic that uses great southern? Getting 98 octane the whole way down is not a problem. I drove through remote central Australia 5 years ago and could still find it most places and Esperance, as stated before, is hardly remote.

Thanks for the input... i realise its not really that far... but ive never really driven thru the country b4. Furtherest is Margret river and thats mostly highways down... So i just wanted to grab any info from people who have made the trip...

The bp98 wasnt the main problem, as im aware that the BP website can plan the trip for u to get B98.. but 4 people in a skyline with most of its modifcations based on its handling (Not for improving comfort either! ) for 9 hrs was the main problem!!

And ill be sure to watch out for the aliens mike and direct them to your place for further "studies" of the human race =)

as dan stated before gotta watch out for those "no speed limit signs" if there most of the way down i would have taken the skyline as it would be more like 6 hours not 9 :D and 300ks to a tank lol :)

I did a good 2,000km of driving in the skyline over 3 days earlier in the year for the WA Rally Championships (photographer fun). Went Perth to Busselton (then beck and forth between Busselton and Nunnup rally stages for 2 days) then all the way down to Albany and then back up to Perth.

Car handled it well and never had a problem finding 98RON @ BP.

This was with just 2 people in the car though, I imagine the 2 in the back would be pretty cramped and deafened (if your exhaust is a little loud like mine) by the time you made it home.

Also, in the Skyline, we easily managed over 600km to each tank. Seems to really thrive on the highway, even with the 'open speed limit' sections. :rant:

• 2 weeks later...

busted custard

Dan The Man says:

na

not much

did he go over 110kmh?

Jac says:

yeh

i drove 140

bit scarry

Dan The Man says:

what about brendan

did he go over 110

Jac says:

yeah he saw this sign that had a no speed limit marked on it. so he just went bizerk and sped like crazy man. everyone was so scared. i think i cried myself to sleep. one of the other guys wet himself. I told brendan to slow down and he just look at me. so evil lah

wth dan? i didnt say the last few lines.

na

*not much

*did he go over 110kmh?

Dan The Man just sent you a nudge.

Jac says:

*yeh

*i drove 140

*bit scarry

Dan The Man says:

*what about brendan

*did he go over 110

Jac says: