SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

Love this build. As someone who has never owned an auto, what exactly are the buttons for?

Left button is bump box and right button is transbrake

• 3 weeks later...

Not really much happening of late on this. Got some dyno time last week where we ran into issues with the head lifting. So off comes the head to sus it out and go again.

Car went 520rwph at 22psi before the head lifted. Hopefully more updates this week

Picked up my new Catch Can that a fellow SAU QLD member was able to fab up for me this week, Test fitted to his GTR to get the shape right whilst my heap is still in the shop.

279FBEAC-8C8A-4C45-A39D-5CDDA614121A_zps

B9C2AF50-BA73-470E-9B82-34DE511EFF80_zps

3C5E00A1-B70D-4278-A734-FEA2F45EFC2A_zps

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Hopefully it will fit perfectly once the cars back.

Ive also been playing around with a new ornament plate for the valley cover.

Stock plate

11_zpsdbkkinul.jpg

mock up of new plate design

15_zpsnmklj2of.jpg

14_zpsj6eslqzi.jpg

• Like 1

Quick little video of the car on the dyno the other day getting some master touches

Few little gremlins still to sort out but we are getting there slowly and surely

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So finally brought the car home for a little while while i fit up some parts and enjoy the car for a bit, even if it is on low boost. Here's a vid of the cars first start up at home along with the exhaust tone at idle.

• Like 1

First job was to test fit the catch can and make sure it all fits. Had to move my oil filter relocator as that was taking up the space the new can is going. I was limited by the existing line length so after having a look over the setup i was able to mount it under the car behind the cooler piping.

First off i had to buy all the lines and fittings. Anyone who's done this knows unfortunately this shit aint cheap :(

CC874A49-4996-460F-8A6D-8F3E611372D3_zps

Now the new Filter location

3C448AE7-5B2C-4E0F-9DCE-0B0870CD7096_zps

F5A928EF-6EB3-4CF1-8C4B-46F686351CCA_zps

Heres what its like with the front bar on. Nice and covered so it wont get hit with rocks etc. Might still make up a protection case to go around it yet

8A455487-C5BA-4F49-A9C2-1BCCE9250238_zps

And test fitted the can in the bay too

D234FF7F-2989-4912-8F38-B8796AF1D191_zps

• Like 1

Cars looking awesome man! Been following it for a while now and it just keeps getting better and better, i was just wondering where you got the plate thats holding your coilpacks in place/ how much it was

Thanks mate! Been a bloody long road but its all part of the fun.

Coil pack bracket is a custom job that i got a fabricator mate to knock up. Wasnt the cheapest but I think it looks awesome and give its a very neat professional look

Yeah man it definitely makes it look alot cleaner, ive seen a few other setups with Ls coilpacks where they were mounted on the fire wall and it makes it look messy, im looking at doing it the same way you have just to keep it all tidy.

Yeah man it definitely makes it look alot cleaner, ive seen a few other setups with Ls coilpacks where they were mounted on the fire wall and it makes it look messy, im looking at doing it the same way you have just to keep it all tidy.

Few different LS coil options out there. Most of the people who are mounting them on the firewall or off the rocker cover are probably using LS1 coils. Mine are LS2 truck coils, different design and make up and are a lot smaller and user friendly.

Ahhh are the truck coils any different to the round Ls2 coils that goleby's sells?

Not sure which ones he sells sorry mate

Been pretty busy the last few days getting the car into a good enough state to drive it and enjoy it on the street.

Step 1: Remove the 6-point bolt in cage

59A0B082-650A-4B85-B57D-B3DEE5A684EC_zps

Step 2: Put stock interior back in.

7DE88866-7D53-468A-9035-DBFC89A1225B_zps

F8834346-6592-4B42-9478-0D2872743A8D_zps

• Like 1