SAU Community

Sau:sa Needs Your Input

heslo

What do you want?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

love all the ideas above, also like to add observation runs are also alot of fun.

We could try and organise one with prizes at the end of the run for the highest scoring people that do the run with a bbq half way through.

if you dont know what i am talking about Luke and Steve PM me and i will explain.

Yes Shaun we spoke about doing one at the meeting on Monday night i would say early next year would be the go.S

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Observation run = you get a set of directions and clues and you have to follow those directions exactly with no back tracking answering the questions.

Usually done with a passenger and the car that can answer the most questions is the winner for the day.

Usually start in the morning going around adelaide and then head into the hills somewhere to end up at a park for a bbq lunch and then back down through the hills to adelaide for the results. Something like this anyway, and they are a heap of fun as you are trying to spot billboards, signs and all sorts of stuff according to the clues. Oh yeah i forgot to say that cars are let off at about 15 minute intervals to stop people following each other.

Observation run = you get a set of directions and clues and you have to follow those directions exactly with no back tracking answering the questions.

Usually done with a passenger and the car that can answer the most questions is the winner for the day.

Usually start in the morning going around adelaide and then head into the hills somewhere to end up at a park for a bbq lunch and then back down through the hills to adelaide for the results. Something like this anyway, and they are a heap of fun as you are trying to spot billboards, signs and all sorts of stuff according to the clues. Oh yeah i forgot to say that cars are let off at about 15 minute intervals to stop people following each other.

In the past these have included things like: Go to Port Noarlunga jetty and count the number of planks, go to Willunga pub and ask how much for a glass of milk, collect 250 grams of roadkill on the road during the day, or Go to a cemetary and find the date that Joe Bloggs died, price of a schnitzel at the tonsley hotel.... silly stuff like that.

Its not a race and time doesn't really matter (although there is usually a time limit) just getting the answers right.

Yeah mobil used to hold these when i was young there something the whole family can join in on and you dont need a performance car as your designated time limit is set sticking to the speed limit so time penalties apply for going too fast, mind you a gtr would be used to set the baseline time ;)

Im definatly keen to try and organise one :D

In the past these have included things like: Go to Port Noarlunga jetty and count the number of planks, go to Willunga pub and ask how much for a glass of milk, collect 250 grams of roadkill on the road during the day, or Go to a cemetary and find the date that Joe Bloggs died, price of a schnitzel at the tonsley hotel.... silly stuff like that.

Its not a race and time doesn't really matter (although there is usually a time limit) just getting the answers right.

Yeah mobil used to hold these when i was young there something the whole family can join in on and you dont need a performance car as your designated time limit is set sticking to the speed limit so time penalties apply for going too fast, mind you a gtr would be used to set the baseline time :D

Im definatly keen to try and organise one :thumbsup:

yeah absolutely!!

Great way for peeps to meet each other and have a ridiculous time doing it........I'd be all for something like that Steve :whistling:

Seems to be a lot of support for motorkhana's...

Unfortunately suitable locations in SA are pretty limited. BigW are very good to the MK Panel and allow access for the state series and the Porshce club events, so if you want to do it its best to just go to one of these events. I'm pretty sure the deal that has been done means that these are the only guys that have access... however all events they hold (except for very special occasions) must be open for to anyone to enter. We only get access to it about 10 times a year, so in order to fair to everyone they don't want individual groups organizing private events, I guess it also reduces the risk of one rouge group doing a dodgy event and ruining the place for everyone.

If anyone can find another suitable place then it would be very welcome (you need about 50x50m or 30x70m to run a decent course). An alternative i would like to see is auto-test type events. They are sort of half way between a motorkhana and a super sprint, speeds are a bit faster than motorkhana - maybe 120k's peak rather than the 60k, but without the stress on your car that a day at mallala can do. They are also a bit more flexible as far a venues go, you don't need a big clear square pad, you can use natural obstacles such as the cement dividers you find in most car parks as part of the course - if you have seen a dutton's rally you will know what I mean... Even something like the Pt Gawler kart track would be more than big enough, you could come up with dozens of different short courses around there...

The 2 biggest complaints we seem to get about motorkhana (though usually from people that have never done it) is they are too slow, or too confusing, autotest should keep these guys happy as often the courses are very simple and are coned out as a 'track' rather than a 'pattern', and you can get a bit of speed up without needing a race prepared car to last the day.

what if theres a news letter every months or so? featuring a members car/bike every month?

Yup, i got one with my membership the other day, it featured Krishy's car.

Who do i speak to about my membership already expiring as soon as i got it? I PM'd Ruby, but no reply.

I like all the above.......including well organized cruises and car shows.

Here's some more to consider:

Ten Pin Bowling nights.

Go Kart Events.

Paintball Shooting Days.

Dyno Days & BBQ's.

SAU-SA Footy Match..........and all those that give me a hard time are welcome (so I can show them what a "shirt front" is) :P:D

I like all of the suggestions listed above, as well as the frequency suggested for dyno days and car shows. How about a regular SAU Poker night?

Yup, i got one with my membership the other day, it featured Krishy's car.

Who do i speak to about my membership already expiring as soon as i got it? I PM'd Ruby, but no reply.

He is away but we will get back to you asap.S