SAU Community

Everything you always wanted to know about Japan...

Demon Dave

just wonder how the drag strips in japan are?

I notice they dont spray much traction compound(im not sure just by watching videos),and the strip itself looks like a normal road. This must be good for street radial tires but bad for full slick drag cars?

Down here in Okinawa the drag races are done on an enclosed strip of asphalt. The strip is short (150 Meters) and is a normal road. They do not use any traction compound that I know of but the tire of choice of the big boys (900 HP GTRS) are Nitto Drag radials.

>SHUTO-BOY: What video were you watching? Do you know which dragstrip it was? Could it have been Central Circuit?

If it was Central Circuit, well, it's a race track of course, and the 1/4 mile strip is just a part of the main straight section of the track. I don't think they can go out of there way to prepare too much because it's not a dedicated 'strip.

• 2 weeks later...
馬鹿野郎!

Hakujin, you dissin' the guy? I bet sometime along the way , you've lusted after Ayumi Hamasaki...!!! :D

... I'm married to a Jap by the way... I know a yellow fever stricken guy when I see one!