SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

heslo

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acts of kindness often go unnoticed in the world, especially on SAU. I want to give a massive thanks to SLEEPER85, aka Christian, who borrowed my coilpacks and dropped them off with a bottle of Johnny Walker black! Didn't expect to get anything and didnt ask, so if you ever lend or buy etc. something from him, hes definately a trustworthy forum user :)

Yeah. Few minutes per side for the castor easy and while you have the shock/spring out the camber arms right there.

just remember when you do install the adjustable items, to set them to the same length as the stock items. then you dont need to worry immediately about the alignment (ie it will be alright to drive to have a wheelie done on it)

I need some ideas for suspension/coilovers as my front castor rods need replacing (so I thought I might as well do the whole lot in one go). I have researched JIC FLT-FAS but from what I've heard, they're probably going to be too stiff for normal street driving and some hills work, especially with Adelaide's shocking road quality.

So what I wanted to know is what you guys use and what you'd recommend.

Also wouldn't mind knowing who/what workshops can install them for me.

theyre what... 8kg front 6kg rear? that isnt harsh norm. double digits is getting a bit painful. 8/6 is livable. my cusco's are 8/6, and theyre easily streetable. even with the dampers cranked up. whos told you theyre "probably" going to be too stiff?

from memory, luke (enr034) had 10kg springs on his cuscos, and that was beautiful to drive.

or... just double, triple, quadruple your budget and get pss9's or something similiar.

and just for fun, ask nightcrawler about his 'well thought out' suspension setup on the r34. that was f**king horrible if i may say so myself. bumpiest car ive ever been in.

as for installation... hardest part about fitting coils is setting the height. but thats more fiddling about than anything. actually fitting them though, im sure theres a lot of people on here that would be able to give you a hand. id do it, but you live on the other side of the world.

Edited by scandyflick

I'd have to disagree Dave....8/6 is beautiful......double digits no good for Adelaide.

A slight ripple on a bend with double digits and you come unstuck or a slight ripple at the end of a straight and your brakes lock up your wheels.

If worried about body roll, stiff shocks are not the answer.

Ive got 10f/8r. I was told to get this by Ryan because the Skyline is heavier than a Silvia, 180 etc.

On the topic of suspension, I had a hideous knocking sound in the front left, pulled it apart today and found the upper arm bushes need replacing. Recommendations/experiences on what bushes to use?

theyre what... 8kg front 6kg rear? that isnt harsh norm. double digits is getting a bit painful. 8/6 is livable. my cusco's are 8/6, and theyre easily streetable. even with the dampers cranked up. whos told you theyre "probably" going to be too stiff?

Saw that with general searching and creating a topic:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=5186278

Although he did say that it's only not so great if it's a daily driver, which in my case it is not.

as for installation... hardest part about fitting coils is setting the height. but thats more fiddling about than anything. actually fitting them though, im sure theres a lot of people on here that would be able to give you a hand. id do it, but you live on the other side of the world.

Probably won't fit the coilovers for a bit now (might still buy them as they're on special), but at least going to do the front castor rods ASAP. I'll speak to you about it on Wednesday week.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Go to SP mufflers and get the muffler of size you want and make a nice mid muffler. It's about that simple! I have 2x 3.5 Magnaflow straight through Mufflers and while it's pretty loud with the Varex open, it's quiet enough with the Varex closed. You can also buy off the shelf Magnaflow straight through mufflers as well. You also have a turbo to quiet the car down too. Don't overthink it. Buy my extra Magnaflow muffler sitting on a shelf doing nothing (buy it new, ignore this part)
    • Centre-offset muffler under the floor, same as stock. Just....3.5". The change from straight pipe there to centre-offset will mean that you need to remake some of the pipe (add a bend or two).
    • Hey guys. So my R34 GTT has a custom 3.5” exhaust (done by previous owner) with a high flowing cat, and then just a Varex cannon muffler on the back. The car does drone alot and is really loud even on highway driving just cruising, as you can imagine due to the Varex muffler basically being a straight through with the valve open. As much as i love a loud RB, it can be a bit much with no other muffling in line and just driving casually. I wanted to lower the volume output on the exhaust a bit, as well as remove the drone (probably a way to do both at once), and was going to do it all myself as I am a fabricator and have done exhaust work in the past, so the fab work isnt my issue, im just not sure on the right product or type of product to use to get the job done, and i doubt an exhaust shop would be wanting to help me as they wont be making any money from helping me, unless they supplied the product? Anyway any help or guidance in best way to approach this would be awesome   Thanks in advance
    • Meh, whilst the Honda is a "really" good car and has potential if you want to drop coin on, it was uninspiring for me to look at, but, it did serve its purpose and is now in the boys hands, his happy, his girl is happy, as she wasn't to keen on the noisy old Patrol, and most importantly, the Minister for War and Finances is extremely happy that her "little baby boy" (6'2 nugget who is currently training to be a copper, which will make 3 coppers in the immediate "circle of trust") has a well sorted reliable car that doesn't guzzle diesel Me, I'm more than happy with the NC MX5 that I replaced it with, it's a fun little car that I like looking at, like driving, and yes..... I do like the fact that the maintenance and modifications that I have done/will do are plentiful and relatively cheap, well........ while staying naturally aspirated slow that is, and that's all I really need for a fun little daily, I can rev the 5hit out of it rowing through the gears and never really break the speed limit  In saying that wicked word, "modifications", I've already ordered something for some noise and an additional "3 ish" horse powers, or whatever it gives, in the form of a header, and, a new set of "cheapo" BC coilovers that are already sitting in the shed waiting to get put in, I had the same BC's in my old NB and found they were fine for the street, hwy, and the occasional track days I did in it, they have 6kg front and 4kg rear springs which is about 10% stiffer than the stock springs which I found worked well for their price  I've also already been in touch with MX5 Mania in Dural, so once the header is on it will get a ECUTek RaceROM tune there (I cannot rev match for 5hit, and I loved the RaceROM rev match and FFS in my old 86 "RIP") In other, maintenance news, I put some new sparkler plugs in it, and have a new set of DBA Street series pads to put in over the next day or so, I'm running the DBA street series in the SS and Honda and really like them, they work great and are not dusty at all I've also booked in a few days leave over this weekend to give me 4 days weekend do some paint correction and give the leather seats some conditioning and interior some Bissell and steam cleaning OCD lovin', the carpet and interior looks clean, but from my experience with the Bissell IRT carpet, and the steam cleaner IRT trim, looks can be deceiving I've also found that finding a detachable hard top is proving problematic, the main reason why I didn't like the NC initially was the power retractable hard top that I seen them with gave the roof line a weird look, the detachable roof though looks good, and is a same shape as a NA/NB hard top, similar, but unfortunately not the same as it has different fixture point on the front, so fitting a easy to get NA/NB detachable hard top is no bueno New Old cars are fun, cleaning, hunting and playing around brings much joy How are your beasties going? Do you still have the Skyline with the LS???, or Barra??? that you were playing with