SAU Community

The State Of The Roads In Nsw

The Bogan

Time for me to have a bit of a vent.

What am I paying rego for, its not the up keep of the roads as most roads have pot holes which even when I'm driving in my birds car (don't laugh, Hyundai grandeur) are big enough to do serious damage to suspension.

Also whats the go with all the stupid trees they are planting on round-abouts, you cannot see the oncoming traffic, looks pretty until there is a car coming round which you cannot see until its right at your front guard.

Don't even get me started on the design of of our freeways and toll ways, the M5 is a bottle neck and you can only do the speed limit from 8pm till 5am, The price of the tolls is going up and my speed is going down, I sat on the M5 today and it took 45 min to get 5 klm.

What is your opinion.

Im thinking of moving states!!!

LOL

Exactly right, every year the tolls go up - yet every day those motorways are congested with peak hour traffic.

If you dont want to use the motorways, you use the 2nd rate roads, and the condition of them is epic fail.

We cant win :(

I'm glad I live fairly close to work and travel against traffic

oh and everyone knows we pay taxes so the pollies can go have their caucus' in new caledonia and hobnob europe on 'fact finding' tours

I'm in the wrong profession :(

I moved to NSW 5 years ago. Worst roads ever, especially if you live in my area; bankstown :P

Melbourne roads were heaps nicer, never seemed to take long to get anywhere. Only problem is that VIC is a bloody police state with hidden cameras everywhere.

I'm considering moving to bloody Adelaide LOL :(

Yeah I particularly enjoy the roads made up from large concrete slabs that have just been plonked in order and the cracks have been sealed. That way when the soil/temp/humidity changes they rise and fall. Awesome!

Dirt roads FTW!

All the dirt roads around here are bloody smooth. The surfaced roads

suck. When they re-surface the roads they come up worse than they were before.

What I hate, is the M2.

they keep putting that bloody toll up - yet...why???

the road is in crap condition, its noisey too with all those slabs/cracks. and they dont do shit to it.

only good thing bout the M2 is that it leads onto the M7.

some roads are bad very bad , i noticed once they fix pot holes they dont try to level it anymore just slap in some more asphalt in holes and shes done

Yeah that's bullshit! The road feels great for a week until the new asphalt sinks back into the hole and it's back to how it was before

hmm and I wonder which industry benefits most from all of this constant surface patchwork...the word corruption springs to mind....

I wish they'd stop this 'little patch here...little patch there'-work....those are the spots that keep recracking each time anyways..so do the whole street and be done with it!

I wish they'd resurface the hume highway between villawood and bankstown, has to be among the worst roads i've seen here.

That being said though, i can't imagine it would be an easy task to shut down that much road - especially a road used so heavily. Could you imagine the chaos caused by shutting down part of the hume? It would be an absolute nightmare!

Here are the people you'd want to talk to about it.

I dare say you would get a response if it was worded correctly and was to the point.

The Hon. David Campbell, MP

Minister for Transport

The Hon. Joseph Tripodi, BEc(Hons) MP

Minister for Infrastructure

Or go straight to the top

The Hon. Nathan Rees M.P.

Premier

These people are your representatives (also seek help of your local reps) to the RTA and other involved parties when it comes to roads.

i just paid my rego, and i was complaining about this exact thing yesterday.

pot holes everywhere. uneven sections of road. and what about the manholes. every time they resurface, the manhole lids just keep getting deeper and deeper. so basically, they factored in their own pothole as part of the initial plan. it's a joke!

there's a series of holes near my house that have recently been filled. they have already turned to shit. in 2 weeks!

half the hole is submerged, and the other half is a mini speed hump. its ridiculous. who the fark looks at that and says 'yeah, that job's fixed... next'