SAU Community

What Ron For Rb25de Neo

98RON would be the best thing you can put in it. I used Shell V-Power for a year, then switched to BP Ultimate when I had the conversion and dyno tune done. Both are good in my experience, never had any issues.

shouldnt be any differences.

some people mention that one is better than the other, put either or in your car, as long as your not getting any pinging, then i wouldnt worry about which brand of fuel you get, just as long as it's 98ron at a minimum

Edited by BstewyR33

i find with bp and caltex your actually get more than shell. (km per tank)

i was stoaked about the differences. the better the fuel . means less periodic maintenance

Is the tune stock ?

If so the 95 from any will be fine (it is cleaner and has less shit in it than 91)

If the car has been tuned to run 98 (no cars run a standard 98 tune other than after 2003) then you need to stick with 98, or the thing will ping like shit (detonation) and end up hurting the engine.

In my book 98 is the cleanest, best option - even if the car hasn't been specifically tuned to run on it the engine management will make good use of it after a while.

Prior to entering the turbo scene i ran a modified LS1 (making 360kw RW) in a VY 1 tonner as an everyday work and play.

It had all the frills and was given a birthday (with the upgrades) at around 80,000klms - and up to that point had run on 91. When the heads came off the engine was that full of crap (carbon) and the injection system/inlet manifold was full of pasty, nasty shit that would amaze most.

After the rebuild (with dart heads, 10.8 to one comp and stout camshaft) with a new engine management system the ute ran only 98 and was pulled down at 260,000 klms for a tidy up pre-sale. The heads, injection and manifold were as clean as - and the thing had seen a lot of shitty conditions running between Brissy and the Bowen Basin around the coalfields in NQ.

fuels aint fuels! - you get what you pay for!

Edited by Outrun

I've always used 98RON predominantly BP but with BP servo's diminishing I'm now having to switch over the Mobil's Synergy 8000 or Freedom's E10 Hi Octane 98 as both servo's are on my commute to work.

Just got 645K's out of my first tank of 8000. Was getting roughly 620-630 with Ultimate.

Am interested to see how Freedom's fuel goes.

I've always used 98RON predominantly BP but with BP servo's diminishing I'm now having to switch over the Mobil's Synergy 8000 or Freedom's E10 Hi Octane 98 as both servo's are on my commute to work.

Just got 645K's out of my first tank of 8000. Was getting roughly 620-630 with Ultimate.

Am interested to see how Freedom's fuel goes.

645k per tank is awesome! im running BP ultimate and im getting bout 250-275 kms per tank...WTF?! :(

When i first got my line i thought yea it will use 91 as every other car normally does. My car ran like absolute shit. would ping its head off had no power and misfired like crazy. so straight back to the servo to fil up with 98 and has beenn runing like a dream ever since.

For a non-turbo R34 (I'd imagine for all other non-turbo R31, 32, 33 would be the same).

You only need 93 RON (shown in the original owners manual and written on the fuel cap) - so 95 should be ok if you are on a budget or if 98 is not available.

However...

I did notice with 95 I still got pinging, some power flat spots in the lower rev range and the car tended to drink more. I've soley used 98 with no problems. You will still get very slight pinging every now and then on long uphills.

I recommend spending the few extra dollars on fuel as opposed to thousands of dollars and inconvenience of engine damage.

I wouldn't dare use 91 inless you are really stuck and have no other fuel available - Only use it for "limping" home/next servo that has premium.