SAU Community

Rb30dett Oil Drain Mod

James_03

Hey guys,

Those of you with rb30dett's, how have you done the twin drain for both turbo's?

I currently merge both drains into one on myn using brass fittings, then use the existing rb30et drain already in the block. Now I have the motor back out for something else and have the oppurtunity to do a twin drain by drilling into the block and making another one.

So is it worth while going to a twin drain system like the standard 26 block? Reason being is I just have nfi if the current drain system is working OK or not, it could be backing up the pipes at high rpm for all I know.

I am also concerned about effecting the strength of the block if I drill into the wall at certain locations.

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

purps hit it right on . the most convential way of doing it. the thread your looking for is a 3/4 14 threads per inch in bsp. if your wondering about ecu after that try an adaptronic . plugs into your exisiting looms with no mods to it. you can also download vairous maps for it and there always on call .cant wait till i get mine purring . happy motoring - G