SAU Community

Hicas Light

ashsik

My Hicas light still comes on when I start the car. I got my power steering rack and the pump replaced not long ago and it still comes on. Could it be the Hicas pump?

My Hicas light still comes on when I start the car. I got my power steering rack and the pump replaced not long ago and it still comes on. Could it be the Hicas pump?

Does your speedo work? If it doesn't then thats why. Lock bar will fix your problem haha.

everything works just at times Ill start the car and the hicas light will stay on and my steering will be real stiff

Well if the steering is stiff then it'll be the pump or the rack again. Nothing to do with the rear hicas I don't think.

HICAS is the rear steering in your car. that light can come on for numerous reasons.... if u see the light and wanna fix it, the easiest way is to disable it. R32s you remove the hicas rack completely and replace it with a lock bar. you can remove all of the hicas stuff with it. plumbing, hicas solenoid etc. R33s onwards are electric. just as easy to disable, just done differently.

Well if the steering is stiff then it'll be the pump or the rack again. Nothing to do with the rear hicas I don't think.

hicas determines speed sensitive steering. Often when hicas plays up the steering does get heavy. It happens to people who swap steering wheels to aftermarket but dont use a hicas boss kit, they all get heavy steering due to no hicas input being received to ecu.

yay for lock bar and globe removal! works everytime. HICAS not needed. just adds weight. get ridda that!

that's right that's what i did light kept going on annoying so got lock bar and removed the stupid red light globe lol

soo your saying if I get a Hicas Boss kit it should resolve the problem..as Ive changed the pump and rack a few mnths back and it still comes on?

nah hicas boss kit is just an adapter you need to use when you try and fit an aftermarket steering wheel.

If you have standard steering wheel ignore everything ive said :)

thanks for the help mate

Ive recently changed the steering wheel and the light at times comes on about an hr of driving. As I turn the car on it the morning there will be no light..its weird

thanks for the help mate

Ive recently changed the steering wheel and the light at times comes on about an hr of driving. As I turn the car on it the morning there will be no light..its weird

did you change to an aftermarket steering wheel?

Did you use an appropriate adapter which works with hicas? Did you have this problem before the change of steering wheel?

yeh I have a momo steering wheel..I got the boss kit as a gift im not to sure

if its a Hicas one or not but as Ive changed my pump and rack its coming down to something small

Problems are usually caused by the most simplest things. Did you have the HICAS light come on before you changed your steering wheel? If not, try putting the stock steering wheel back on and see what happens.

i agree with Russ as well. I dont have HICAS in my car. i stripped everything i could. yet every so often i get heavy steering and ive rebuilt both the rack and the pump. there is a solenoid on the rack that may have something to do with it....

ill get round to it eventually