SAU Community

Shop Hack Run In Tune Nets 390rwkw @18psi

STATUS

New combo came up nicely, for only 18psi, i expect to see boost come in around 200rpm earlier on the final tune and at least 420-430rwkw. We have gained 50NM of torque from 5500rpm onwards. Unfortunatly the dyno shot i posted rolls over @ 7400rpm but it hit my next load point and dropped into my safety zone of 10.5:1 afr. The final runs actually ran strong all the way to 8800rpm and the last run made over 600nm from 5500rpm but the graph is incomplete so ive left it off. Car should go back on the dyno in a week or so.

Blitz K5-660R turbo #9 rear (0.73ish)

New R34 crank, grub screwed

ATi 1000hp balancer

King bearings

Ferrea 1mm oversize valves in and ex.

Ferrea Titanium retainers and collets

Ferrea Double valve springs

Ferrea Spring locators

New Genuine buckets and shims

New guides

Greddy pro cams 264 9.7mm lift cams (babies)

Greddy pistons

Total seal rings

H-beam rods

ARP head,main and cam cap bolts.

King bearings

Greddy oil pump

MLS head gasket

Status Oil restrictor kit

Greddy Plenum

Greddy 100mm cooler

Saber 12 row oil cooler (blue type)

Greddy Type R BOV... i know dark side, will used for later 2bar tests.

High capacity sump

post-34927-1257333841_thumb.jpg

post-34927-1257334538_thumb.jpg

Edited by URAS

toit! like a toiger.

very good mate. It really is a good set-up.

now I need an answer that's a bit OT. I'm about to put the greddy easy cams into the SR, 256/264 10.5/10.5 but should I bother fitting cam gears too? I think you said not to bother getting any with the current set-up. but someone else now tells me he reckons there is 20kw in it on an SR with small-ish cams by adjusting the gears. I know my experience from RBs tells me sometimes there is (GTR with stock cams) and sometimes there isn't (other GTR set-ups).

toit! like a toiger.

very good mate. It really is a good set-up.

now I need an answer that's a bit OT. I'm about to put the greddy easy cams into the SR, 256/264 10.5/10.5 but should I bother fitting cam gears too? I think you said not to bother getting any with the current set-up. but someone else now tells me he reckons there is 20kw in it on an SR with small-ish cams by adjusting the gears. I know my experience from RBs tells me sometimes there is (GTR with stock cams) and sometimes there isn't (other GTR set-ups).

not a chance, seriously spend it on hookers and crack.... haha na there is no missing 20 with these cams and the T518Z unlike the BC gear which is ground up to 12 degrees out and need the gears just to dial them in @ zero :D

engines coming out to do back to back testing on combustion chamber mods (quench chamber removal) so next week we will have definitive data on its merits.

Edited by URAS

Are you still planning on painting the car one color or is cat going to be running DA in it next year?

yeah soon it will be repainted, we have a corporate ride day set up at sandown in a fortnight so after that we will get it back up to scratch in new shop colours.