SAU Community

Bang for Buck: Something Different

fane

Everyone wants something different...thats why we get body kits and big ass turbos and fmics and sht like that...

im interested in something different aswell....

i was thinking of putting the rb26 head on my rb25....

i have been told that it can be done but you just have to change some water jackets or something....

i pose a new question.....can a R34 Neo head be put on our block and get the more advanced VVT system? :cheers:

im not a mechanic and im learning as im going

thanks for any input... :O

ps. i presume i would need an r34 eco too...

Hey Fane , talk to Steve @ SST , he and Grant (Per4manz) have flow tested heads b4. I have heard that a flowed 25 head can outflow stock 26! Also , saw an RB26 head on JMS website for $2000!!! After all that , a stock turbo isn,t goin to get the most out of a flowed head IMO.

Cheers :cheers:

fane,

I'm intending to find an RB30ET bottom end from a s2 VLTurbo one day, and bolt it under my RB25 head. Combine that with a mid-sized turbs and I'll have bagloads more fun than a 25 with a 26 head :cheers:

The Neo head has nothing to offer. The RB26 head would perhaps offer a better starting block for a big power setup, mild it's a serious waste of money for $2k.

A bang for buck mod looks like the 264 deg exhaust camshaft with a stock intake cam based on some computer sims. Upto 50hp over the standard and up everywhere over the rev range without any sacrifice to off boost.

My car is a few days from completion.Engine should be fully assembled and in engine bay by today. We will see how the computer sim works in real life.

thanks alot rev210

i was hoping you were going to reply...

this is a very future mod...and the 26 head is looking a bit more appitising....but i'll be doing the whole lightened flywheel and crap like that first....

just dont want to do stuff that cant be used if i do a future mod...if you know what i mean... :)

ps. GL with your car dood, pics?