SAU Community

What Part Of My Loom Is This?

beRwick_GTRage

i just put an rb25neo from a stagea into my r32 gts-4. i cant get it started and i think this might be my problem:

i have this part of the loom which isnt connected to anything atm. i dont know where it goes? and what its for:

dscn1371f.th.jpg

there are two plugs on the this loom which plug into the main loom under the intake manifold:

dscn1369yw.th.jpg dscn1372if.th.jpg

and here are close up pics of the other plugs/parts of the loom

dscn1373h.th.jpg

dscn1374q.th.jpg

dscn1376.th.jpg

thanks

just had a look on mine . is your motor 2wd? has the traction controll motor on the throttle body ? it might be for that ? the grey plug looks like it would go on the plug to the tps on my engine . in the same place and same type plug . mine tps had 2 plugs grey and brown . the grey one in my car is blocked off from the factory tho

just had a look on mine . is your motor 2wd? has the traction controll motor on the throttle body ? it might be for that ? the grey plug looks like it would go on the plug to the tps on my engine . in the same place and same type plug . mine tps had 2 plugs grey and brown . the grey one in my car is blocked off from the factory tho

its a 4wd motor. and it doesnt have a traction control motor.

i was having a look at mine while i had it apart today, and i could find anything that looked like that. the 2 plugs together, the brown and grey one, go straight back into the loom and i cant follow it without cutting the loom apart. as lachlan has said, if you can get a part number off one of the bits we could run it through fast to get an idea of what it is.

edit: a nissan p/n will be something like 23470-0V300 for example

Edited by QWK32

First pic' looks like the gear selector from an auto... and the brown connector is the one on mine (auto) which gets pulled to keep the auto box in 3rd (limp mode) when it gets dyno'd. If it's an auto loom then there'll be a 'detent' (park/neutral) switch somewhere which needs to be shorted to get the car to start (safety feature on autos). Somewhere in that loom...

Mine's a 4WD auto stagea and it has all 3 of those plugs, one above the other.

Edited by DaveB

If you are using the Stagea ecu (in order to run the vct) then Dave could be right but you will not have the socket to put the plug in and short out. However you must have done a major wiring job already as the Stagea ecu wouldn't have fitted the R32 ecu plug. What ecu are you using?

First pic' looks like the gear selector from an auto... and the brown connector is the one on mine (auto) which gets pulled to keep the auto box in 3rd (limp mode) when it gets dyno'd. If it's an auto loom then there'll be a 'detent' (park/neutral) switch somewhere which needs to be shorted to get the car to start (safety feature on autos). Somewhere in that loom...

Mine's a 4WD auto stagea and it has all 3 of those plugs, one above the other.

what does the safety switch do?

does it stop the starter motor from working? because my starter motor turns the engine over and im getting spark and fuel.

does it stop the car from starting another way?

thanks

If you are using the Stagea ecu (in order to run the vct) then Dave could be right but you will not have the socket to put the plug in and short out. However you must have done a major wiring job already as the Stagea ecu wouldn't have fitted the R32 ecu plug. What ecu are you using?

im using the auto stagea ecu.

i dont understand what socket you are talking about? is it on the stagea loom or is it supposed to be on the car?

and where is it located?

thanks

im using the auto stagea ecu.

i dont understand what socket you are talking about? is it on the stagea loom or is it supposed to be on the car?

and where is it located?

thanks

On the Stagea there are three sockets just by the battery which relate to the auto. These must be wired back to the ecu (the auto ecu is inside the main ecu) through the loom. There is a smaller loom that loooks a bit like one of yours that goes back to the auto trans and has plugs which go into the sockets by the battery. One of these (I'll try to have a look in the morning which one it is) is for the circuit that makes it impossible to start when the auto is in gear and when you convert to manual you have to short this socket out. There may be a Stagea owner near you who could show you what they look like. Of course you could try to do this at the ecu but I can't tell from the pinouts i have which one you need.

i thought that if the car wasn't in park or neutral it wouldn't crank at all? cant say i've tried it lol. but because he has it cranking and even firing the injectors and coils, that could mean that its not the park/neutral inhibitor switch.

stepping away from the loom, have you done all the other checks, fuel pump priming, fuel lines on the right way, coilpacks plugged in in order. who did the wiring on your car? even though you have power on the ecu, did you hook up the ecu start signal when you where wiring it? its a signal so the ecus know when you are cranking and trying to start the engine?

Edited by QWK32

For some reason Ive got a feeling it could be CAS related... Different series 25's have had diff CAS's and made other cars not star but they would spark and turn over ect...

hey mate.

it might be the problem. where did you hear about this?

is there a thread on it? i did a search but i couldnt find anything

i purchased the cas off ebay. it was off an r34 rb25neo.

thanks

i thought that if the car wasn't in park or neutral it wouldn't crank at all? cant say i've tried it lol. but because he has it cranking and even firing the injectors and coils, that could mean that its not the park/neutral inhibitor switch.

stepping away from the loom, have you done all the other checks, fuel pump priming, fuel lines on the right way, coilpacks plugged in in order. who did the wiring on your car? even though you have power on the ecu, did you hook up the ecu start signal when you where wiring it? its a signal so the ecus know when you are cranking and trying to start the engine?

yeh i dont think its the inhibitor switch.

the the engine is getting fuel. and fuel lines are ok. and the coilpacks are in the right order

me and a friend did the wiring using this guide.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...=body+loom+plug

what is the A/T mode switch signal (POWER)? because i didnt wire that in. i didnt think i need it

would it need ignition supply?

no i didnt wire in the ecu start signal. the guide didnt say it was needed

when you say ecu start signal are you referring to the Ignition Switch (START) signal?

because i cant find ecu start signal on the pinout.

yeh i dont think its the inhibitor switch.

the the engine is getting fuel. and fuel lines are ok. and the coilpacks are in the right order

me and a friend did the wiring using this guide.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/R3...=body+loom+plug

what is the A/T mode switch signal (POWER)? because i didnt wire that in. i didnt think i need it

would it need ignition supply?

no i didnt wire in the ecu start signal. the guide didnt say it was needed

when you say ecu start signal are you referring to the Ignition Switch (START) signal?

because i cant find ecu start signal on the pinout.

yeah thats what i mean, Ignition Switch Start Signal.

With the CAS, what type of CAS did you end up getting, is it a black plastic case Hitachi one? because thats the one needed for the RB25 Neo. not the silver metal cased mitsubishi one.

Edited by QWK32