SAU Community

Hon

WESTWD

Afternoon all,

Just curious if anyone plays Heroes of Newerth (Hon)...pretty much a standalone version of DotA with extra features, friends list, ladder etc.

As far as i know its still in Beta, but has attracted a BIG list of users already.

Was just curious if anyone one SAU plays it...

Peace!

massive dota fan, the only thing that stops me playing so much is wc3 is such an old game/engine

cant wait for hon let me know when release date is announced

BETA is available. It's pretty much where DOTA is at now. Hardly any bugs.

PM if you want an invite. Same goes for anyone else.

My username is JZA80

I'm still on the WC3 version, usually play with some mates a couple nights a week in USWest in between our ladder matches if we need a break our ladder matches are fairly intense at times - and dota is pretty mindless and amusing when you are just screwing around :blink:

I've been watching the Dev for HoN the past few months, looks really good. So good i'd pay for it - hopefully it comes over steam!

I know a heap of other online friends who've been slogging it out in the BETA and are really enjoying it so should be a good one.

Kez i'll chat to a couple of mates tonight and see if they want BETA keys. If they go i'll come as well.

Otherwise we'll just stick to USWest for now lol.

I'm still on the WC3 version, usually play with some mates a couple nights a week in USWest in between our ladder matches if we need a break our ladder matches are fairly intense at times - and dota is pretty mindless and amusing when you are just screwing around ;)

I've been watching the Dev for HoN the past few months, looks really good. So good i'd pay for it - hopefully it comes over steam!

I know a heap of other online friends who've been slogging it out in the BETA and are really enjoying it so should be a good one.

Kez i'll chat to a couple of mates tonight and see if they want BETA keys. If they go i'll come as well.

Otherwise we'll just stick to USWest for now lol.

Yeah, head on over to HoN. The game play is fairly similar but the interface and hosting abilities is far superior. There's a ranking system, leaver protection, auto game balancing based ranking etc.

use to play dota on bored aussie and was good at it too!

just started HoN and still getting use to the differences but getting my skills back haha

add me if ya want : leighzor

:)

HoN is faster than dota.... Less lag/delay in general thanks to it being server based... Game replays are saved to the website automatically.

If you buy it now with the strong dollar you will get it for $30.... plus it gives you 5 invites for beta keys.

My only concern with HoN is while they steal the balancings for dota, some of their non-dota heroes are OP...

HoN is faster than dota.... Less lag/delay in general thanks to it being server based... Game replays are saved to the website automatically.

If you buy it now with the strong dollar you will get it for $30.... plus it gives you 5 invites for beta keys.

My only concern with HoN is while they steal the balancings for dota, some of their non-dota heroes are OP...

No kidding.

Scout, Puppet Master, even the newest hero Engineer is ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thought i would dig up my old HoN thread as i just started playing again and will add any sau'ers who play!

So hit me up with your users and/or just add Nismospec.

The game is f2p now which has it's ups and downs, but the game is still fantastic!

Thinking of starting up my own clan if i get enough interest!

Just wondering how many people are typically online these days? Have quit the game since F2P

Well considering DOTA 2 closed beta is in action, a lot of people are referring to that for instead of HoN.

I have 1500+hours of HoN played, but BF3 beta also just kicked in so no more HoN or Dota 2 for a while haha!

Well considering DOTA 2 closed beta is in action, a lot of people are referring to that for instead of HoN.

I have 1500+hours of HoN played, but BF3 beta also just kicked in so no more HoN or Dota 2 for a while haha!

I dare say HoN will all but die in the ass when DoTA 2 is released. How can I get a key?