SAU Community

Brake Upgrade Suggestions?

Unbalanced

Hey guys.

I'm up to my last upgrade before I take the beast on the track - Brakes!

Was just wondering what people have done to theirs and what's easiest, most effective, cheapest etc.

I've been told by a few to just get some good pads and that will be plenty good enough, but I'm not one to do things in half measure, so I was planning on perhaps getting Brembos of an RS260 or something along those lines??

Anyways, look forward to hearing your advice.

Thanks.

Edited by Unbalanced

standard brakes on stags are friggen tiny for the size of the car. i'd look at upgrading for sure, even standard r33gts-t items are bigger (and what the stag should have come with from the factory IMO)

if you are serious about brembos pm me, i have a front pair of r33 gtr brembos (same as 260rs items) - calipers, pads, bolts, retainers, lines, rotors and the deal sealer - a bm57 master cylinder to go with them :(

rotors aren't in the pic sorry

100_1282.jpg

i'd say that brembos would be ideal but they can sell for a rather large sum of money

if thats outside your budget then i'd say r33 gtst or r34 gt-t (caliper mounts have to be redrilled to 14mm from 12) and a set of ar1m pads (the sports/track pads from qfm) would be good

qfm also do their sports/track pad in the stock stag shape now too

also make sure to use a good brake fluid, dot 4 is fine tho and the cons with dot 5 aren't worth the hastle

i'd say that brembos would be ideal but they can sell for a rather large sum of money

if thats outside your budget then i'd say r33 gtst or r34 gt-t (caliper mounts have to be redrilled to 14mm from 12) and a set of ar1m pads (the sports/track pads from qfm) would be good

qfm also do their sports/track pad in the stock stag shape now too

also make sure to use a good brake fluid, dot 4 is fine tho and the cons with dot 5 aren't worth the hastle

Yep, R33 GTSt (same as R3 GT-R) would be a good upgrade. And it will make it easier to get brake pads to suit, too!

Unfortunately, QFM are still in the process of making brake pads for the s1 Stagea, but they shouldn't be too far off. Yours is an s2 though Adam, so you're catered for already.

And yeah, a better quality of brake fluid with higher operating temperature control would be a great start too.

Yep, R33 GTSt (same as R3 GT-R) would be a good upgrade. And it will make it easier to get brake pads to suit, too!

Unfortunately, QFM are still in the process of making brake pads for the s1 Stagea, but they shouldn't be too far off. Yours is an s2 though Adam, so you're catered for already.

And yeah, a better quality of brake fluid with higher operating temperature control would be a great start too.

sorry to be technical but i'm 99% sure r32 gtr brakes have 32mm thick rotors whereas r33 gts-25t rotors are only 30mm but they are interchangeable i believe

For the road new brake fluid and better pads would do.

For the track GTT brakes, Motul RBF600 brake fluid and better pads ( I have Mintex M1166) would be a good start.

Then a master cylinder stopper, upgraded brake lines and heat treated, slotted rotors.

Cool. Might see how I go hunting down some R32 GTS-T brakes then... Then some good sports pads and a bit of a brakes service (new good quality fluid) and I should be set to rock out this baby on the track! Would've liked to be pushing a few more KWs at the wheels, but she still goes hard :D

Cool. Might see how I go hunting down some R32 GTS-T brakes then... Then some good sports pads and a bit of a brakes service (new good quality fluid) and I should be set to rock out this baby on the track! Would've liked to be pushing a few more KWs at the wheels, but she still goes hard :D

i hope that's a typo?

So R33 GTR wouldn't fit?

R34 GTT is the way to go huh??

I was referring to R33 GTST, not R33 GTR

R33 GTR should bolt straight on as long as they have 14mm bolts

Note to other reading this, series 2 REAR wheel drives have different front suspenion and hubs and have 12mm bolts for the calipers.

And I'm assuming the fact that mines an RS4-S factory manual, same suspension as RS260 etc doesn't change what brakes are applicable??

I just ask because of other the many other parts that would fit an auto S2 not fitting my car.

Edited by Unbalanced

And I'm assuming the fact that mines an RS4-S factory manual, same suspension as RS260 etc doesn't change what brakes are applicable??

I just ask because of other the many other parts that would fit an auto S2 not fitting my car.

Should be the same in this case

Out of interest, what other parts have you had a problem with?

Suspension mainly, but also a side view mirror from an S2 stag didn't have the some clip formation on the backside of the mirror. Lol.

I'm quite sure there's more but not that I can think of right now.

Edited by Unbalanced

Hey guys.

I'm up to my last upgrade before I take the beast on the track - Brakes!

Was just wondering what people have done to theirs and what's easiest, most effective, cheapest etc.

I've been told by a few to just get some good pads and that will be plenty good enough, but I'm not one to do things in half measure, so I was planning on perhaps getting Brembos of an RS260 or something along those lines??

Anyways, look forward to hearing your advice.

Thanks.

dont waste your money,get some good pads (dj78 or simular) from Race brakes and maybe slotted rotors.