Top Posters In This Topic

JMW = fail

Luke ENR34 = fail

Pepsinator post 26 = fail post 38 = baller

Joeyjoejoe etc... = baller

PeterT = baller

red screamer = epic fail

Nismoboy = baller

I'm glad im not the only one that think half these cars have shithouse offsets. 10 degrees of negative camber, a 215 stretched tire on a 11" rim with the entire wheel tucked under flared gaurds that scrub and spin the whole way through second gear with 140rwkw because there is 2cm of tire touching the road just really doesn't do it for me. I agree some look tuff to look at parked up, but to actually drive them around in a performance car i don't understand the point.

Funnily enough its the same people that you hear about saying they can't get traction through three gears on stock power outputs.

Edited by PM-R33

I'm glad im not the only one that think half these cars have shithouse offsets. 10 degrees of negative camber, a 215 stretched tire on a 11" rim with the entire wheel tucked under flared gaurds that scrub and spin the whole way through second gear with 140rwkw because there is 2cm of tire touching the road just really doesn't do it for me. I agree some look tuff to look at parked up, but to actually drive them around in a performance car i don't understand the point.

Funnily enough its the same people that you hear about saying they can't get traction through three gears on stock power outputs.

hence why drifters stretch tires.

to do what your talking about a wide body would be the way to go have something big with proper tire fitment sitting flush.

Edited by 32_Dave

There is no point. I for one am not that ignorant to think it’s a constructive “mod”. It serves no purpose other than aesthetic.

The ride is far worse, the tire wear is obviously far worse; you cannot turn anymore than half lock, and if you make any attempt to corner hard the rims more often than not grab the guards.

Personally, I think a car looks ridiculous with “sunken” rims, it looks tacky with the gap often left.

hence why drifters stretch tires.

to do what your talking about a wide body would be the way to go have something big with proper tire fitment sitting flush.

These “drifters” are just copying the Euro guy’s from the early 90’s and late 80's :blink:

Viva the early VW/Porsche/BMW "tuners" :P

Personally, I think a car looks ridiculous with “sunken” rims, it looks tacky with the gap often left.

Oh no doubt, however you can get a good offset matched with some proper tyres that sit nicely. I don't mind the tyres sticking out of the gaurds slightly, i like that look. However half the rim sticking out with stretched tyres tucked underneath with ridiculous camber just isn't my thing. Thats the joys of doing what we do though, every car is different and every one has different tastes.

Edited by PM-R33

its hard to find a balance, but it is possible...

i sit my rims about 15mm out of the guards, and then stretch and roll to fit... however i also have the tyres set up 100% for performance first, i.e. near flat camber on the rears, and a tiny bit more on the front, i also run a lil +ve castor. cant remember the exact figures as i did it 2 years ago and am so happy with it that i haven't had to change it

with 300rwkw i couldn't possibly have a setup that killed the traction just for looks.

With the exception of a car dragging its sideskirts on the ground I doubt there is anything that would catch the eye of a copper faster than some of the above posted ridiculous setups.

As for aestheitics I can see where you're coming from Josh. Its some kind of competition to see who can have the ugliest setup isnt it. :P

Far out Trent, back in port G days. Remember the days back when D1 garage was down the rd from my work and i could hear u guys come sliding onto mooringe then into the shop lol. Until Vahoumos (sp) wiped out a power generator to half the block :banana:

Far out Trent, back in port G days. Remember the days back when D1 garage was down the rd from my work and i could hear u guys come sliding onto mooringe then into the shop lol. Until Vahoumos (sp) wiped out a power generator to half the block :banana:

hahaha its all alleged :cheers: