SAU Community

Circuit Club Wakefield Park On Australia Day Jan 26th

HKS26T

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be there to spectate. :)

Went with bells on and came home with tail between legs, more mixed metaphors possible but not without first thanking Steve here for throwing my broken R33 on his trailer and matt for driving steves track weapon home with no aircon and a full bladder.

They both hung around for hours after everyone else had gone home just to give a fellow skyline driver a helping hand and if the world had just a few more guys like this it would be a much nicer place.

home now after a taxi and train from fairfield, will see what matt says about my stricken tonne of metal and glass, hopefully there is still, well, hope for it. Had a great day except for the heat, flat tyre, flat battery, flat key fob (long story) and non aircon train :)

thanks again guys, best aussie day ever!

Went with bells on and came home with tail between legs, more mixed metaphors possible but not without first thanking Steve here for throwing my broken R33 on his trailer and matt for driving steves track weapon home with no aircon and a full bladder.

They both hung around for hours after everyone else had gone home just to give a fellow skyline driver a helping hand and if the world had just a few more guys like this it would be a much nicer place.

home now after a taxi and train from fairfield, will see what matt says about my stricken tonne of metal and glass, hopefully there is still, well, hope for it. Had a great day except for the heat, flat tyre, flat battery, flat key fob (long story) and non aircon train :(

thanks again guys, best aussie day ever!

Hey Mate,

I was in the silver R33 GTR prepared by Steve N Matt! (I met u in the parking just before you go out) Damn.. you were racing pretty hard... any ideas what happened to ya machine? jeez u must of got home pretty late..

but must say it was a awesome day, hope to see u at the next one.. it was good seeing many skylines there..

Cheers

Nigel

i came for a drive to see wat the hyp's all about, i came there for 10 minutes got G'd up to the shit house and went home, so ill be attending the next event for sure.

How necessary is it to run slicks on that track? can you get away with the so called KHUMO (street slicks)?

Hey Patrick!

Good to see you made it home okay and thanks for the kind words cheers!

i was absolutely buggered when i got home - i think i got heat stoke - greened out and went to bed with a massive headache :cool:

all in all awesome day - preyed that no rain would come :D - should of preyed for the heat to be nice as well.

It was really hard knowing that you were left there with no other option but to tow your car back for $500 and being oz day nothing to tow too.

As hard as it was to see my new set of re55s be driven for 200kms back to the workshop - take it as a lesson!!! Dont treat your

skyline like a bitch!! LOL trying to attend a dozen trackdays without servicing and TLC is a recipe for disaster ahahah

anyway Matt from F&E should definately deserve a plug - not only for opening the doors for you but for coming out and working on both

my car and Nigels! My car felt like Jelly and would not turn in the afternoon sessions and was loosing valuable secs ( but i guess his experience from working

on the superlap winning Tilton Evo made sure that i ran a pb when everyone was losing time in the afternoon ;) i just want to get

out there again now when track temps are cooler :)

i think i saw your sweet looking GTR out there rickyR33 (with the XD9s?). the question with respect to street slicks is very difficult to answer as there

are so many variables - power that your car produces, suspension setup, logevity you want, are you chasing lap times? i have been told that a good rule

of thumb is about 2 secs from Street Slicks vs Semi Slicks

Cheers

Steve

ps Awesome day, skylines definately turned up to represent!!

I had an awesome day!

Fitted taller/wider semi's to my little pocket car on saturday but didn't realise I would have clearance issues, guard was rubbing just under accellerating from pit lane in the first session so came in and wound the ride height up about 20mm which fixed it for the day.

I was pretty slow early on (ok all day!) as it's only the 4th time i've actually been in the car but as I learnt to trust the tyres and the brakes I just kept pushing harder n harder each session. The harder I pushed the better the tyres gripped and my brakes just kept stopping me as I braked deeper and deeper.

My oil temps were 130-145c all day long but the little 1200cc 20yo engine just kept going :down:

Not sure who it was in the r33 gtst that told me to brake deeper but it was you that spun off the track 5 times in 3 laps and missed almost every apex on the track and I let you past twice so maybe it's you that needs to actually use the brakes and not tell me to brake later - just a tip :)

The Circuit Club team certainly were organised, i'll be attending many of their events I think :)

nice work Ben, now you have driven twice as many times as me lol. good to see someone else was doing the infield explorations this time. Sorry i missed this one as car was ready but family priority unfortunately.

Will definately be there with you at the next one.

I had an awesome day!

Fitted taller/wider semi's to my little pocket car on saturday but didn't realise I would have clearance issues, guard was rubbing just under accellerating from pit lane in the first session so came in and wound the ride height up about 20mm which fixed it for the day.

I was pretty slow early on (ok all day!) as it's only the 4th time i've actually been in the car but as I learnt to trust the tyres and the brakes I just kept pushing harder n harder each session. The harder I pushed the better the tyres gripped and my brakes just kept stopping me as I braked deeper and deeper.

My oil temps were 130-145c all day long but the little 1200cc 20yo engine just kept going :)

Not sure who it was in the r33 gtst that told me to brake deeper but it was you that spun off the track 5 times in 3 laps and missed almost every apex on the track and I let you past twice so maybe it's you that needs to actually use the brakes and not tell me to brake later - just a tip :D

The Circuit Club team certainly were organised, i'll be attending many of their events I think :)

Hey guys,

I guess im the main rival to your skyline guys, driving another boat, one of teh black Supras lol.

Nathan, with teh Black S13, you were quite fast out there! Well done.

Big congrats to Steve and Paul for flying your Eagle to a 1:05.9! There is probably more in it too!! I cant keep up with you haha.

Another well organised day by Circuit Club, just wish it was a little bit cooler. We even got into the Aus Day Spirit, with a BBQ in our shed area and beers! (I actually went faster after having a beer!!)

Hey guys,

I guess im the main rival to your skyline guys, driving another boat, one of teh black Supras lol.

Nathan, with teh Black S13, you were quite fast out there! Well done.

Big congrats to Steve and Paul for flying your Eagle to a 1:05.9! There is probably more in it too!! I cant keep up with you haha.

Another well organised day by Circuit Club, just wish it was a little bit cooler. We even got into the Aus Day Spirit, with a BBQ in our shed area and beers! (I actually went faster after having a beer!!)

Were there 2 Blacks Silvia's there? Are you referring to the Black S13 with GT wing?

I was impressed with your car. You don't often see big power Supra's doing good times at the track. Have some details on the car? Was chasing for a few laps which was fun, I was surprised with how it went to be honest.

Was a great day but I had overheating problems from the first session. Had the car inspected by Unigroup before I went out but it still overheated. Was only able to do 2-3 laps at a time before having to slow down, do some cool down laps and then go again. Was quite frustrating as it was hard to get into a rhythm and put laps goods together.

Were there 2 Blacks Silvia's there? Are you referring to the Black S13 with GT wing?

I was impressed with your car. You don't often see big power Supra's doing good times at the track. Have some details on the car? Was chasing for a few laps which was fun, I was surprised with how it went to be honest.

Was a great day but I had overheating problems from the first session. Had the car inspected by Unigroup before I went out but it still overheated. Was only able to do 2-3 laps at a time before having to slow down, do some cool down laps and then go again. Was quite frustrating as it was hard to get into a rhythm and put laps goods together.

Sorry, i was talking bout the one with the GT wing, it was in my group. I think thats yours?

Yeah thanks, tbh, i was surprised at teh times i was pulling when i first started racing it haha, i was only expecting 1:12's aha.

I had the same problem. My tyres would over heat at about lap 4, but also water temp would hit 110deg, so id have to do a couple of cool downs. I have stock cooling, apart from a FMIC. The day was too hot, as i never have these problems lol.

My mods are Cusco Zero2e coilovers, Cusco Strut Tower Bars, A032r (235/40/17) and RE55s (255/40/17) tyres, Stock brakes (Hawk HT10 pads) GT35r @ 8psi (288rwkw). Im thinking of changing my sway bars, and poly urethene bushes.

Whats done to yours??

Damn natsoft are slow with upgrading their database!!

Benm, thanks! I love your little machine hehe, wtf is it? There were 2 of us (Black Supras), pretty much the same setup, but he runs more boost, and KU36 tyres. (His had the black BBS Wheels, mine were white AdvanRG)

4310615805_c9afdac606_o.jpg

Edited by ?UESTLOVE

Car sounds great, and looks great on the track. Was excellent to see something different and quick.

Yeah mine is the S13 with the GT wing. My names John!

Has quite a few mods. Makes 240rwk, stripped interior with Bonds 6 point cage, AP front brakes, Kei office coilovers, sway bars, Kuhmo V70A 245/40/17 all round etc etc

I think I ended up doing a 1:09.1 on the XT lap timer, which is slower than my PB of 1:08.8. I was hoping to go quicker but that will have to wait till next time.

Besides the overheating, the car was great! Was turning, stopping and really moving on corner exits as it was putting the power down really well. My driving was way off though, I never got into a groove. Took me a few sessions to get back into it. Was braking too early or turning in too early etc was hard to get going when you could only do a few laps at a time.

Nonetheless, despite the excuses, I had a great day and that's what it is all about.

Cant wait for the next one!

Edited by SRS13

Ahh sorry John!! hehe. Ahh you have some good mods, no wonder its fast hehe.

Yeah likewise, I had a top day, and if I can drive my car home, even better haha.

My PB is 1:07.7, but I think im driving too aggresive, hence the slower time. Braking too late is my main issue.

Wow!

some stonkering times from you guys - well done!

I reckon! Now where the hell am I gonna find another 10secs to cut off my laptimes, that's a second per corner :thumbsup: