SAU Community

What Color On The Wheels Should I Go With?

Thx Ill take a look at Yahoo and glad you like the rust, had the car at a show some months ago and asked a guy if he saw Millenium Jade painted R33, he said "no but have you seen that rustbicket in the corner" :D

Hehe took that pic from a weird angle, then rotated it to get it to look better by some reason but every time i look at it i get nauseous :P

Jade lip, black spokes

swap this - jade spokes, polished black lip

meisters with rusted spokes and polished lip :D

or do this

I'd suggest leaving the wheels as is (they look awesome) and instead fixing up the paint/panel (?) above the rear wheel...
^ +1

i know its been figured out, but hehehe

If anyone has any other color combo PLZ add, cause its really hard to choose! Not feeling anything over anything else right now :P

Photoshopped a version with Black lip/Jade spokes, added the other versions from the last post on page 1.

post-25855-1262890645_thumb.jpg

post-25855-1262890783_thumb.jpg

post-25855-1262890835_thumb.jpg

Edited by brother_david

The wheels look like this right now :):

large_144807-1712222.jpg

Im leaning more and more towards leaving them as they are right now but maybe i should implant the Kandy Apple Red somehow.. Kandy Red lip and grey spokes maybe... That would definitely stand out anyway, and probably just look like crap if i dont have the bonnet and trunk open :S But its tempting!

Just glad for your input!

No i guess it will look just to weird with the red lip :S!

None taken mate! It was an idea that got out of control i guess :rofl: I wanted to use real bolts but the glass fibre rear quarters beeing so thin made me choose to just glue them to the body. Then a mate of mine invited his friend that when he showed up proved beeing one of the best airbrush'ers in Sweden. I asked him if he could consider making bolt/pop's and then we shared ideas for a while which ended up in the final rusted pop's around the rear quarters and hood scoop ;)

Another thing i took in consideration was the fact that i didnt want a GTSt looking like a GTR-wannabe, with the quarters molded into the body :cool:

Me and some other friends sat down earlier today and disguessed what color to go with, and one of them thought that since the Jade-paint has got a small gold glow to it, same goes for the Kandy-paint, then why dont i gow with Gold lip/Black spokes OR the other way around? :)

Edited by brother_david

• 3 weeks later...

mate hit up jessestreeter he can source some awesome wheels for you and if possible lose the fender gap.. the wheels just arent tough enough the body work you have done is all wide etc unles you get some killer fitment happening it will never look complete.

my 2c.