SAU Community

Help Needed, $50 Per Person

N1GTR

Hey everyone!

Texi is on Jan 31st, and like always we need helpers on the day to do things like timing, end gates, "3 2 1 GO!", marshalling etc - basically all the things you saw myself and the legends who helped out last time doing

None of the jobs are hard at all, its an easy way to get up close to the action.

A couple of people have already offered to help out, who did so without knowing there would be payment; What legends! (and yes, they'll be paid now)

I do need helpers onsite from 830am until event ends which should be 445pm. There will be a lunch break around 1230pm while the courses are changed to the afternoon courses

Lunch and drinks will be provided free throughout the day.

Yes you can choose what job to do, here's each one;

- "3 2 1, GO!"

Counting down the time so drivers know when to start their runs. Very simple, just need a loud voice and 3 fingers to hold up

- "Timer"

Timing each run and writing down the end time on a form provided. Also if someone goes a wrong direction or hits a cone, taking note of that.

- "Marshall"

Ensuring the flow of cars onto and off the track stays smooth. Its basically a traffic controller job, making sure the entry to the skidpan (single lane) doesnt have a traffic jam and that the next car is ready to have their run. Common sense really!

- "End gate"

An official who mans the end gate of a course, reports if an entrant hit a cone, and once the entrant has come to a complete stop will move a single cone out of the way for the entrant to move to next course

I need;

2xtimers

1xmarshall

1xend gate

1x3 2 1 GO

So far the following have offered (sorry if someone offered and i missed it);

MsNismo (Timing)

Xmetal

BezerkR32

So we need a few more - who can help out and earn some coin for the day? :(

I'm willing to trade my spot for a marshalling job,

as long as I can get a refund for my payment on the day

& a go at the courses while everyone is having lunch like you guys did last time :banana:

If my car breaks on Thursday I'll scream 3 - 2 - 1 - Go, or traffic control and even if it doesn't break, gimme a job as I said to you a few weeks ago in PM.

Uncy Duncs and all the others managed to get runs in last time, so I'm pretty sure I can manage to if you gimme a job,

i was going to bring my camera up hoping that you might be able to learn me some stuff.....

I'm always up for it Steve. I can hand my camera to someone else for a while if you need another set of hands. :banana:

hmm seems there's enough people willing to volunteer

I'm not fussed either way, just if needed I'm happy to free up a spot for someone who wants in if it gets full & then be a marshall

If not I'll just have to show these skirts how to texi :P

hey ill be more then happy to do anything on the day for the club, not sure as to how much help i would be but if i can run a store im sure i can time or countdown or do little jobs for you guys! as long as i get to see some skylines!

i was going to bring my camera up hoping that you might be able to learn me some stuff.....

For sure! I don't mind doing tutoring on the day. :huh:

Eric! I'm wanting to have a go at motion picture too so yeah i'll do some footage time as well. ;)

I would have thought more peeps would take up Steve-o's offer of 50 buck each,,,hell I'm thinking about it and with back pay I'll be owed about $2000.

Are you paying us cash mate or are you using your cheque book?.

Everybody Steve-o's not really going to pay you 50 smackers,,,he's just a funny bastard.

Neil.

Well, Pay or not I'm still in for 1/2 day. With all of the work that goes into an event such as this we really do need our members to step up and help out from time to time on the event.

I think Xmetal has the same outlook but check with him then assign me a job.

See ya there - oh, I've got a new tiny camera that is the size of a key fob - great for really low on-board or in cabin shot back at the driver.