SAU Community

Spare A Thought For Haiti

Madaz

as we all know or may of heard on the news Haiti fell victim to a rather large earthquake and i put it to those who could afford to donate that the give it some serious thought

Compassion Australia is a christian based organisation that has very low administration fee's so that most of the money gets to where its going

see more >>Here<<

The organisation has committed 100 per cent of funds raised through the Haiti Earthquake Disaster Appeal to the people of Haiti. Compassion is not withholding ANY funds for administration purposes.

as we all know or may of heard on the news Haiti fell victim to a rather large earthquake and i put it to those who could afford to donate that the give it some serious thought

Compassion Australia is a christian based organisation that has very low administration fee's so that most of the money gets to where its going

see more >>Here<<

Dude i cant help but feel sorry for these people , i will donate 1 hunge to them .

aww good man

i was thinking of trying to stir even more interest and saying for every person that donates through myself i would donate another dollar with there donation

A person with $12 that gives $10 has given more than a person who had much more and gave $20.

Well said.

My very good friend Tom knows some people over there who run a temple.

he knows that they are mostly fine but not sure about the temple or houses as direct contact has not been made yet.

he is looking into what needs to be done legally to take donations and send it directly to them as they will now be in a position of looking after a lot of people with probably very little.

if there is any interest i can let people know how it works out.

the way i see it is that it is a way to get money directly to people who need and will be able to use it to better there community.

cheers

Vince.

Great idea Vince but unfortunately there are certain groups (as reported in the news last night) that take advantage of disasters world wide and set up fake charities as a measure of a "get rich quick" scheme.

Not saying your buddy would do any such thing but people should be wary of the aforementioned groups and be not only vigilant but good stewards of their finances.

I know the bigger Christian organizations like "Compassion" do in fact attempt to give a high percentage of monies collected with minimal running costs.......but nevertheless, if you do have family or friends over there, giving direct will naturally have a somewhat greater impact.

Condolences to those that have family or friends over there.