SAU Community

My Welding Pics Thread

ISL33P

I am under the pump at the moment!!! At the moment, rb20, rb25, 4G63, G200 (LPG), sr20 and 2x rb26 complete intake manifolds made from scratch

Also in the works is a Swift GTI turbo with intercooler piping, plenum, radiator, surge tank, power steering reservoir and possible airbox enclosure and wiper bottle. After that is an r31 rb26/30 skyline looking for catch can, bleeder tank, power steering reservoir, pod enclosure, enclosed fuel pump/surge tanks, interccoler piping and most probably my most custom rb26 intake manifold.

The new series rb26 intake manifolds will certainly throw a spanner in the works for the rb26 world of intake manifolds....trust me, it will certainly be making an appearance on here ;)

I have been put back over the past couple of weeks, hence the no photos. I ended up selling my old welder and finding a new one, that one didnt do as it advertised so I had to find another one. Luckily for me, eBay come to the rescue with a killer find on a 310amp Miller machine which was only 2 years old. I am just waiting on some additional options for it to come from the US and then I will be back into it flat out. Anyone up for some weekend work?

Definitely subscribe......there will be plenty of pics coming ever werekend for the next few months!!!!!!

Happy welding,

Ariel

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been put back over the past couple of weeks, hence the no photos. I ended up selling my old welder and finding a new one, that one didnt do as it advertised so I had to find another one. Luckily for me, eBay come to the rescue with a killer find on a 310amp Miller machine which was only 2 years old. I am just waiting on some additional options for it to come from the US and then I will be back into it flat out. Anyone up for some weekend work?

was it the syncrowave 250dx?

if it was you beat me to it

Yeah that's it. The guy who owned it actually bought one of my old welders. I was onto it the minute it was posted up. It was a good buy and I have more control panels on the way as I type this.

Next Sunday will be perfect if you want to come past. I am planning to weld 4 plenums on that day. Just have to finishing prepping another two tomorrow to get them ready.

Seems like my brother will be helping me out.

Yeah hopefully the rb26's ones will cause a stir :thumbsup:

The welder really sh1t me and has put me back but hey, it was out of my control and I just have to work my a55 to get things back on track.

Zebra - yeah I have done both 1JZ and 2JZ ones. My last 1JZ one I think I have posted pics of in here

Yeah that's it. The guy who owned it actually bought one of my old welders. I was onto it the minute it was posted up. It was a good buy and I have more control panels on the way as I type this.

it was a good pick up

intrested to hear your feedback about the miller machine

i ended up finding a lincoln precsion tig 275

It's a killer so far. I have purchased the optional pulse and sequence panels and they better arrive shortly!!!! I have already added a flexible-head wp-20 torch and just added a gas lens and some other bits.

Just getting to know it's different welding output compared to the precision tig 225 that I recently sold. I was just trying different gas flow rates and how it affects the appearance of the bead and arc stability. It's leaves the 225 for dead when it comes to arc stability and tungsten life. I can use upwards of 250amps with a 2.4mm tungsten, nothing I have seen before.

My first complete test will be a Swift GTI Turbo custom made radiator I am putting together at the moment..........pics will be up hopefully this week and I can't wait to put it through it's first full test

U can't really go wrong with the miller machines you actually get what u pay for lol

Got any pics Ariel?

And what are these gas lenses you speak off?

If u don't mind me asking what do u run lower gas flow rate with the helium because it shields better ? On around 200 amps I run bout 8-10 lpm wit pure Argon and seems ok but really curious bout helium still lol

No pics at the moment.

They are to improve the gas flow to the puddle reducing arc wondering and when you throw in a helium mix it improves it further. Just google tig gas lens and there should be plenty of info.

I don't change gas flow according to amps at all. It stays in the one spot once I have found the one I like. As for the actual gas flow, practice makes perfect and everyone is different and so is every welder ;)

Yeah I will google the gas lens as it might be wirth investing ...

And I should have worded the last post better when night falls I seem to become quite illiterate :-)

What I ment about the gas flow is I use that upto 200 amps haven't done to much tig above 200amps so was just saying what works for me lol but all good mate looking forward to pics when u finish the 26 plenums ...

Also have u had much experience on exaust manifolds ?

Or have u always just stuck with ally?

I have actually just finished welding up an exhaust manifold for the Swift GTI Turbo. I am also modifying the front radiator support panel to fit a custom radiator I am currently making for the same car, which means plenty of mild steel welding. It is not something I have done much of up until the last few months but seems to be coming out OK in my books.

As for the rb26 manifold, I am just as keen to see it finished.

Ariel

no worries at all. Everything has been put back because it was confirmed this morning that my welder parts went to Mexico.....yes MEXICO!!!!!!!

Anyway, it might tie in nicely because I have a car coming down shortly that you may have some work from which you can take a look at while I teach you how to weld LOL....just messing with ya!