My Welding Pics Thread

ISL33P

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah I used to. I recently bought it in house just cause I like to do everything myself. That and some new welding techniques I have been trying seem to be working OK.

thanks again.....

Lincoln Precision Tig 225, not a inverter style machine.

is there a problem with the inverter machines? Just curious (I only have a cheapy DC TIG - no good for alloy - and I use it from time to time when my stick welding letm me down)

Nice work there, too.

Like you say, welding is not something you can just pick up and retain without doing a lot of it (and knowing what settings to use in different conditions). You need to practice, practice, practicce. SOmething that frustrates the hell of casual welders such as myself. :)

I have had a bad experience with 3 different ones over the past year or so, so I went with a transformer machine, which considering how long they have been around for, I hope this one lasts. Thats not to say inverter ones are good, but they seem more prone to having problems.

Haven't had a problem yet with this one and I have used it every weekend for the past couple of months.

Edited by ISL33P

thanks....luckily it doesn't cramp up because I don't know what I wil do. I love fabricating my own bits 'n pieces and then welding it. There is something about the custom/raw look that I have always liked and wanted spread out all over my car.

One thing I have to learn how to do better it complete those long runs on the plenum all at once, and that's got to do with the way I move my arm, but that will come with more practice.

thanks Ben.

Duncan - this is a generic length for the rb30/vl engine bay but they can be all customised which is usually dictated by a couple of factors, mainly cam duration and peak torque range.

hahaha...anytime you like :)

on a side note, do you now anywehre local, as in Oz, which will have around 4 or more vh's lying around?

looks like there will be some serious amount of vh turbo goodness happening around Wollongong way :)

Nah, afraid not... A guy named James in Sydney fiddles with them. I bought two off him a few years ago. Last I heard he had a mental NA VH45 in the build. I believe his company is called Protune now. Young guy, probably about 21 now, he might have some spares or know where to get some.

Back to serious business, what do you need to make a low plenum for the VH? I have a whole spare motor here, but I'm not keen to ship it around for the fun of it. I'm modding my standard bonnet to fit the standard plenum and throttle, but I'm not sure what will happen if I get defected. Technically the bonnet supports will be cut (a big no-no in QLD), but rewelded, so may be a issue later on.