SAU Community

My Welding Pics Thread

ISL33P

As long as you have similar turbo port, you could "match port" them all depending on the two exhaust housing patterns you are trying to match.

Don't worry Joel, progress continues, I'll reply to your text in a minute

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahhh sweet I'll look into ;-)

And I finally invested in some gas lenses for my torch and I must admit they made alot of difference to the apperance of the welds(oxidisation) only played with stainless but getting some really nice colors with the welds the gas coverage is awsomE :-) best 10 dollars I spent this week hahaha

It's all good, I am self taught and it would have been good to have the basics right from the start to save the time on trial and error, but hey, I'm slowly getting there but still have a very long way to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few of a couple of things I done on the weekend. I think I have got this new welder dialled in....just some minor things I needs to polish up on but it's good progress in my eyes.

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

Happy welding,

Ariel

They are wiper bottles and coolant overflows for vl's.

Yeah the rb26 is still underway. Just trying to sort out some stuff with suppliers which is proving a little harder then expected since it is such a customised and detailed request.

Looks like you've made a radiator overflow for every single VL left on the road ;)

Actually the red one you seen here the other day needs a new one. Drop one past when you can, I don't have the time to design and fab it when you've area done it.

Spewing I packed up the tools just after calling you. I will get it ready tomorrow night and drop it off on Monday if that's not too late? If it is, let me know and we can sort something out

Ever thought about doing a PS reservoir for an R32? I am powder coating my PS pump over xmas and getting it converted to banjos (provided I can get one with a large enough orifice and going full threaded lines and would be interested in going allow reservoir

Yeah I have. I am just waiting on mine to be finished with the engine conversions and then I am going to do a hole heap of stuff for 32's.

I have already done them already for vl's and I can't see them bring all that different.

Here is a photo of one of my customers cars, Matthew Grace. Described in an article as "a giant-killing Datsun 1200" Matt took out the Sports GT-B class in Tasmania this and is currently being rebuilt after an accident ready to back it up in 2012.

Good luck Matt!!!

http://pbckt.com/pE.uZoKGP