SAU Community

Rb25 + Gt3076r

rad100

Unfortunately you have the 7/14 blade version... *que disco for tech salvage*

what you want to know about it should be available in the following two threads...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ne....html&st=40

+

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ga...-L-t142989.html

i have been reading about GT30 stuff for weeks religeously, yet cant for the life of me remember what the story is with this particular type of turbo..

basically, i would do one of 2 things..

1. use it as is (wait for disco to tell us what is wrong with this particular turbo)

2. send it back to tweakit. the link you posted quotes a .60 AR which is not what you got, you can also go as far to say that its not an actual 3076R (even tho it is). give them the part number for the correct core and tell them you want it with the proper .60 surge slotted cover its meant to have.

if your gunning for power, perhaps the existing turbo isnt so bad.. i have a feeling it will make more top end than the alternative.

i actually bought it from MTQ here in adelaide.

there catolouge (sonic performance) doesnt even have that part number listed for the "3076r"

hurry up disco haha..

im wanting the turbo for drift so want something thats got some response and nice smooth power curve..

anyone wanna buy a turbo? never been fitted haha still sitting in the box!

RBs drifting *shudder* lol

ill give you 10 bucks, ok deal.

seriously you should contact the ppl u bought it from and tell them its the wrong product, its some form of hybrid and this is the real 3076R PN, its meant to have a .60 surge slotted front cover and a 6 blade wheel and im not happy yada yada yada

its bnew so i dont see why they cant order u the right turbo and swap it over... unless u..... fapped on it in excitement.... that changes everything.

like nismoid said above, thats the old T04S wheel..

their not as efficient as the 6 blade wheels, less flow down low. but it should be a fair whack better than the 3582 job you had.. is that going to be using the same cover as your last one or u going whole new turbo all together?

like nismoid said above, thats the old T04S wheel..

their not as efficient as the 6 blade wheels, less flow down low. but it should be a fair whack better than the 3582 job you had.. is that going to be using the same cover as your last one or u going whole new turbo all together?

He is saying the 7blade wheel brings it on sooner compared to the 6blade wheel? nah i dont get my anti surged cover back GRRRRRRR nice waste of $200 extra i paid for it. :down:

so what should i expect from this compared to the "proper" gt3076r?

response time?

power output?

etc..

have flicked through those two links but cant seem to really find much except the blade comments..

cheers

He is saying the 7blade wheel brings it on sooner compared to the 6blade wheel? nah i dont get my anti surged cover back GRRRRRRR nice waste of $200 extra i paid for it. :)

Well duh - some people will tell you anything to get you to buy something.

Does not mean there is any truth to it.

The T04S wheel is nowhere near as efficient as the GT series 6-blade wheel. Never has, never will be.

It will be less responsive, and likely less peak power. How much - subjective, but there is a distinct difference.

Well duh - some people will tell you anything to get you to buy something.

Does not mean there is any truth to it.

The T04S wheel is nowhere near as efficient as the GT series 6-blade wheel. Never has, never will be.

It will be less responsive, and likely less peak power. How much - subjective, but there is a distinct difference.

well its all been sorted not gettin another turbo now, im gettin a gt3076r from garrett themselves.

Edited by l0WRB

Yeah, I got dudded too. A certain Ex trader on here was advertising the 6 bladed GT3076R with port shrouded intake so I bought it.

Got the other one instead... spent the next 11 months telling him to fk off, it's not what I wanted, it's not what's advertised, give me back my money.

the one on the left is a real 3076R, that's what I have now. The middle is the crap I got sold and the last is an older style GT30.

turbosd.jpg

All I can say is the guts of it is that the ones John West reject are not the best match of compressor to turbine .

The logic is that the "7 bladed" compressor wheel is not a GT (Garrett Technology) era design like the GT30 turbine is .

IMO best like technology match is GT turbine + GT compressor wheel .

Garrett do actually make a larger frame BB turbo based on T series technology using a "7" blade compressor , it uses an old 76mm 60-1 compressor and a T04 P trim turbine . Old but effective match from the same era/family .

You can take the simplistic approach and ask yourself what HKS did - quite some years ago .

The original GT3037 turbos all used GT37 compressor wheels , if the 7 bladed thing suited their purposes they'd have used them as well or instead . They didn't .

Back in the days when the GT30 turbine + GT37 compressor in the BB center section was HKSs intellectual property Garrett needed to market an alternative and the 7 bladed compressors were the result . I imagine they needed the larger 0.70 A/R T04S compressor housing to stop them surging .

After the specified time Garrett was able to market the GT3037 56T themselves only they call them GT3076R . For reasons best known to themselves they only pushed the 56T version but as we now know the 52T version is available if you're prepared to chase it . These are GT37 compressor wheel versions I mean here .

Also note that , or so I'm told , BB GT30 turbos are not OE on anything so all were aimed at the aftermarket . All have Inconel turbines and Ni Resist turbine housings and I can't see a manufacturer paying extra for them in a Diesel application .

Anyway don't believe any supplier that says they can't get the real GT3076R - 700382-12 . They may not be able to get them at a favourable price but they are available through Garrett here or OS . If they feed you a line check with the local Garrett franchise in Sydney at Chipping Norton then ask why the dealer can't identify a telephone book .

Cheers A .

it sure can.

both mine and a mates are pulling 296 ish rwkw at 6000 rpm. running the .63 rear housing also with 38mm gate.

thats awsome then

yeh im going to be running the .82 exhaust housing with 50mm external gate :P

what rpm are u seeing fullboost at simon?

so can the 3076r pull 300rwkw on a stock rb25?

lithium is meeting and exceeding those figures basically untuned. im assuming its going to smash those numbers once he gets it all tuned up.