SAU Community

Rb25 + Gt3076r

rad100

for drift simon.. but im keen on the switch!

i just finished tuning a std R33 (PFC, FMIC and EXHAUST), i put it on the dyno and tuned it, then fitted cams and cam gears (vct removed) and lost no power anywhere (on identical boost), here are the graphs. Lots of Cam gear dialing but it was worth the effort. Next mod turbo.

post-34927-1266462779_thumb.jpg

whats this hks3037 everyone talks about? what is it equal to in the garrett range?

I could ask "How was your sleep"? :/

Equilavent to a genuine 3076 but it slightly different in set up, do a search on 3037 = 56vs60 and 72vs 82 HKS vs Garrett etc etc

Good stuff, i'd prefer to call myself skeptic though, but each to their own. :/

I'm happy knowing that I've highlighted your factually incorrect statement.

Nothing worse than misleading users of this forum with blatantly wrong information and claims... Claims like Hub dynos are in RWKW - which are wrong.

ladies ladies.. the curve is the curve so lets all calm ourselves and dry the tears :/ the dyno is a tuning tool not the be all and end all of how fast the car is, we all know 3071s are faster... :cool:

lol this was one of the current informative GT30 threads but it seems to have gone off track a touch :cool: back to it shall we?

The HKS 3037S usually makes around 300rwkw/20psi, with the larger .73 rear.

Now take less boost, smaller rear.

You can see where this is going i'm sure...

Yep, no where.

56T vs 52T comp wheel. Not a true comparison.

May as well say my 3071 makes 285rwkw and Juggernauts makes 290 odd. both have the same trim gt30 turbine and different comp wheels too.

Compressor maps to show the 'signifigant' difference between the two Dave?

You'd expect there to be one by the wording of your post...

So there is nothing worse than all your posts?

I didn't realise this was about me...

Good to see you're still a fan :rofl:

Compressor maps to show the 'signifigant' difference between the two Dave?

You'd expect there to be one by the wording of your post...

ask and you shall receive

the following are the comp maps for GT37 series compressors 56T and 52T

based on 90% VE and calculated at 1.4 bar boost from 3000 to 8000rpm in 1000rpm intervals

the best part is, copy those values into the 3071 map :rofl:

post-43588-1266477173_thumb.jpg

post-43588-1266477181_thumb.jpg

I believe these will come in handy later for people wanting to do the research anyhow.

The HKS 3037S usually makes around 300rwkw/20psi, with the larger .73 rear.

Now take less boost, smaller rear.

You can see where this is going i'm sure...

The .73 rear is a specific HKS ex housing that has a T2 sized inlet flange and GT30 outlet http://www.hksusa.com/categories/more.asp?id=1092, whereas Simons using a Garrett .63 T3 4 bolt rear which has a T3 sized inlet flange and GT30 outlet.

So I'm not sure whether it would be correct to say the HKS T2 .73 is actually larger than the Garrett T3 .63.

Edited by juggernaut1

I have no idea what im looking at with those maps? hahahaha

lol each island indicates a turbos efficiency range, the higher the % the more efficient it is..

idealy you would want a turbo that as your motor spools and revs it passes straight thru the centre island of the map. in this case iv picked max boost (i was conservative as the 1.5 results were far too biased to the smaller comp) then plotted at that boost only to show surge or overheating.

if you cross the edge of the map to the left side the compressor surges, if you cross the right side it starts pumping hot air. both are bad.

Apart from the annoying Garrett scaling... very very interesting Scott.

I can see why when you go the next compressor up how the surging comes about given the 56T is on the borderline :)

Also interesting that the 52T would be fairly well off the map in most scenario's upper RPM's and should fall off...

They are both more or less very similar until upwards of ~7,000rpm

Yet once on the cars it doesn't seem to be the case at all if they make/hold power till 8k without a problem (in the 52t scenario)

That's always made me wonder about some of the maps, never got my head around that part for some reason hehe...

I have no idea what im looking at with those maps? hahahaha

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258035

That should help you a bit, it's a little bit "simpler" than the Garrett site if you are wanting a basic/quick run down of whats going on without serious number crunching.

Garrett site is better overall, but you will have to read it a couple of times and think about it :rofl:

Those trims are not exactly comparable (but gives some insight) ..as the 56 trim has a .6 a/r housing and the 52 trim has a .54 a/r.

So you'd expect the 52 trim to flow more in a .6 a/r comp - which incidently are available through GCG. Also the port shrouded 52 trim .6 flows more than the non-port shrouded comp (440 vs 450) according to the HKS specs.

Edited by juggernaut1