SAU Community

Rb25 + Gt3076r

rad100

anyone know were i can mount the wastegate?

i dont wanna molestor the ech housing.

can i make it off the dump pipe?

i dont have cash to get a 6boost or anything of that kind made up..

mate its been done a few times now. no need to mod the ex housing for gate either,

Call andrew from AM Performance and have a chat to him about mounting one and making an adaptor to suit your gate for you, he's based in golden grove. Call him on 0401 865 373

just reading some threads and came aross this..

gt3076r dont come with the .70 compressor housing..

but mine says this on the front

post-16535-1266146422_thumb.jpg

is this a 3076r or a 3082r.

garrett tag says p/n 714569 5002

cheers

Hi

This could be a Garrett GT3076 from Sonic Performance.

They sell 2 types of GT3076 turbochargers.

The normal (most popular) GT3076 has a 0.60 Surge slot Compresser housing.

Has a 57mm Inducer with 76mm Exducer compressor wheel

54.98mm exducer turbine wheel

The other option GT3076 has a 0.70 Standard Compressor housing.

Has a 55mm inducer and 76mm exducer Compressor wheel.

53.60 Exducer turbioe wheel

well i had to scrap the hks manifold as there was literally no room! so now im back to the stock manifold and still there is bearly any room.. turbos housing hits power steering lines etc running down the chassis..

has anyone had any issues fitting one to a rb25 R32?

y do they not fit as easy?

ahhhh ready to dump it all...

Try harder

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Its really not that hard man, just gotta have everything to do the job. hardest part is modifying the exhaust manifold to fit the external gate, everything after that is basic.

You should be able to keep the air con. From memory i just loosened the bigger of the 2 fittings at the back and rotated the line until it was hard against the strut tower.

I had issues with the power steering reservoir piping so relocated it behind the strut tower, though i know there was a guy in Melbourne that i sold a few bits to that didn't need to relocate it. i think he was using the t04e that came with the manifold originally which has a smaller comp cover.

• 3 months later...
Good stuff, i'd prefer to call myself skeptic though, but each to their own. :thumbsup:

I'm happy knowing that I've highlighted your factually incorrect statement.

Nothing worse than misleading users of this forum with blatantly wrong information and claims... Claims like Hub dynos are in RWKW - which are wrong.

They are extremely close when you look at back to back testing (in the real world). They just eliminate the wheel spin issues which COULD be why they read higher. That being said if a car is secured properly and has sufficient grip on the dyno this shouldn't be an issue.

And now with teh cams in the Neo donk, I'm sure there is no arguing the power is exactly where it should be. I think 325rwkW at 18psi was the latest result?

Higher comp and extremely mild cams hold the standard Neo's back. With 260 Poncams they destroy the 33 donks :D

• 9 years later...
On 16/02/2010 at 5:55 PM, Simon-S14 said:

no prob, my sig link has a lot of the build up info also.

My set up is stock Neo 34 rb25 with AM Performance high mount manifold with merge collector, HKS 38mm gate with 3076 56t with the .6 surge slotted housing. .63 rear 4 bolt garret housing.

the rest is basically bolt ons. running nisstune board on stock 34 ecu, fmic, larger injectors and so forth.

my mates set up is a r33 RB25 and has exact same turbo as me, but with tial gate, stock rb25 manifold with am performance adaptor to low mount the turbo, adapter has port for wastegate which sits high up. runs a Rb20 ecu with chip, no vct.

now my mates makes a few rwkw more then mine, both cars tuned on same dyno. however whats interesting to note is that mine makes more torque and earlier in the rev range, and less boost to do it also. Dyno is a dyna pack unit so all runs done without hitting limiter. Mine keeps climbing and making power right to the point where the dyno brake hits where as my mates makes peak power at 6000rpm then starts to fall off.

i put this down to the exhaust manifold and cam differences with our engines. but rest assured for sub 300 rwkw they are awesome even for a basically stock 25 set up!

what psi

1 hour ago, luminer34neo6trubo said:

what psi

That was 10 years ago - he's probably got married, sold the car and drives a Mazda3 by now!

For some ideas for your car go to the top of this section to the RB25 turbo upgrade section and you should find a few cars with turbos like yours.

• Haha 1

On 28/04/2020 at 3:02 AM, KiwiRS4T said:

That was 10 years ago - he's probably got married, sold the car and drives a Mazda3 by now!

I feel personally attacked

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...