SAU Community

Nissan Skyline R32 Gtr 1993 N1 Race Version

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR 1993 N1 Race Version

27,000km independently confirmed.

The car is the upgraded N1 Race Version. The RB26DETT N1 is an upgraded version of the standard RB26DETT engine. The block and internal components are strengthened along with an improved cooling system. The crankshaft is balanced and has better camshafts. The car has the original N1 turbos that are larger and don't have the typical ceramic turbines that frequently break under improved boost, rather it has steel turbines designed for increased boost. It has an upgraded oil pump and water pump. Lightened model. Only 228 units were ever produced.

The car has only ever been owned by two people. I'm over 50 and the only owner since imported, it was previously owned by a 60 year old school teacher in Japan. This means it has never been owned by a young person or been miss treated. I have never increased the boost and believe it was never done in Japan either.

The car was dyno tested when it first arrived in the country and produced 196kW at all four wheels on the standard 7.5psi. This figure is easily over 200kW if tested at the rear wheels only. Amounts to around 290kW at the flywheel.

Stunning White.

5 speed manual.

Looks good inside and out. Tiny bump in hood.

This car hasn't been modified since imported and has hardly been driven.

OS Giken twin plate clutch.

HKS Dump pipes.

HKS Front pipes.

HKS Hi-Power 95mm (3.75inch) hi-flow exhaust.

HKS Hi-Power 120mm (4.72 inch) muffler.

16inch rims.

HKS Pod filters.

Very rare rear lip.

Steering wheel.

CD player.

Stereo system.

Just been taken to two mechanics for check and service before sale.

Peders - Suspension checked, plus:

· Wheel alignment.

· Front rod bush replaced.

Mechanics – Service and check, plus:

· New battery

· New platinum plugs

· Tuned engine bay.

Always garaged and only driven occasionally on weekends.

The car is being sold due to underuse.

I'm not desperate to sell the car but if I get a good price, from a good buyer who will take care of it, I will.

I only want to discuss further with serious buyers.

I don't want to trade as I have other cars already.

Located in South Australia, Western suburbs.

If you reply via online it may take a short time for me to answer as I'm currently rather busy.

Price: $19,999!!!

post-40400-1264413463_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413550_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413591_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413633_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413670_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413718_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413765_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413798_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413835_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413863_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413897_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413955_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264413988_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264414037_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264414076_thumb.jpg

post-40400-1264414846_thumb.jpg

you really sure its a N1?

The Skyline GT-R 'N1' model, introduced on July 19, 1991, was designed for home-market N1 racing with a total of 228 units produced. The most notable change was in the engine, which was upgraded to the R32-N1 specification. The car was also lightened by the removal of the ABS, air conditioning, sound system, rear wiper, trunk carpet, and the use of light-weight headlights. No color options were available and all 'N1' cars were delivered with a thin layer of Crystal White paint. The result was a 30kg weight savings for a curb weight of 1,400kg.

Edited by CHO50N

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR 1993 N1 Race Version

27,000km independently confirmed.

The car is the upgraded N1 Race Version. The RB26DETT N1 is an upgraded version of the standard RB26DETT engine. The block and internal components are strengthened along with an improved cooling system. The crankshaft is balanced and has better camshafts. The car has the original N1 turbos that are larger and don't have the typical ceramic turbines that frequently break under improved boost, rather it has steel turbines designed for increased boost. It has an upgraded oil pump and water pump. Lightened model. Only 228 units were ever produced.

In the interest of not wanting anyone to be scammed, please provide the Chassis number, as all N1's had a unique Chassis #.

Sorry to say, but off the visuals, the car def doesn't look like an N1

1 - you have ABS

2 - rear wiper

3 - headlights

4 - dash has rear wiper switch

5 - stereo controls on dash

It def might have an N1 engine, turbo's etc, but going off the pics alone, it doesn't look like an N1 GTR.

Either way, nice car.

^^^ Could still be an N1. Even though the N1 was brought out with the different options the buyer still had the choice to go back through and change the lights, wiper, dash etc etc.

Can you confirm the km's through logbook etc?

Definetly post up the chassis number as that will say wether or not it is definetly a genuine N1.

Ryan

yeap thats the same as my nismo edition. the buyer had options, if they wanted A/c or not blah blah, mines got no ABS, but dose have A/c. Fast wont show it up, they need to get the VIN/Chassis up on here, and match the numbers.

The VSpec, VSpec2, Nismo, and the N1 all have there own first 3 numbers in the VIN, the other 3 are build number, All Nismo Editon R32 GTRs have a 100, so the vin would go, BNR32100XXX thats how you tell if shes a real one or not, my one is BNR32100219, hense the reason my car is number 219,

A quick search on google will find you the first 3 number of a N1 VIN, than just match her up.

: D

and if it is a real N1..... dam man thats a cheap price, when i was looking, i got barely find one, and if i did i woulda had to pay 30k for it

• 4 weeks later...
I have spoken to the owner and they knew very little about the car, really doubt its a N1.

Unless someone added a bunch of stuff to that car, it is indeed NOT an N1. If you want to compare, I can send pics of mine.

I wouldn't trust that VIN plate, notice that it's falling off (1 plug is gone) of the firewall so even if it decodes as an N1, it may have been swapped. Best way to tell is compare the VIN on the plate to the VIN engraved in to the firewall to it's right....those should be IDENTICAL. I enlarged the pic of the engine bay but it is too lo-res to read the VIN on the plate/engraving on the firewall. If someone can send me a hi-res/readable pic of both, I can tell you without a doubt.

J

BTW - if anyone here does want a real R32 N1 and is willing to pay a fair price for it, I may have mine for sale...

Edited by jimbojones132

Unless someone added a bunch of stuff to that car, it is indeed NOT an N1. If you want to compare, I can send pics of mine.

I wouldn't trust that VIN plate, notice that it's falling off (1 plug is gone) of the firewall so even if it decodes as an N1, it may have been swapped. Best way to tell is compare the VIN on the plate to the VIN engraved in to the firewall to it's right....those should be IDENTICAL. I enlarged the pic of the engine bay but it is too lo-res to read the VIN on the plate/engraving on the firewall. If someone can send me a hi-res/readable pic of both, I can tell you without a doubt.

J

BTW - if anyone here does want a real R32 N1 and is willing to pay a fair price for it, I may have mine for sale...

UPDATE: I rechecked the info supplied and the more I look, the less I agree of what this car is proclaimed to be: A car with 27k km's should NOT have as much paint chipped off of the intake/timing belt cover unless it was routinely driven down gravel roads, driven very fast frequently or simply does not have 27k km's on it. Please provide proof that the 27k km's are real because those photos look like the engine bay of a car with 127+k km's on it.

Climate controls are questionable for an N1 and of course there are the other issues other folks have pointed out that don't match. I'll reserve my final judgement until I can see that hi-def photo of the VIN/firewall that I asked for because everyone is entitled to a chance to prove their claims....but there are many things here that just don't seem right and I HATE it when people get screwed.

Called the owner to enquire about it and he said the engine was N1 but the shell was not. I don't think he was trying to shonk anyone, I think it was more so just a lack of knowledge. Still a nice clean example of an R32GTR though.

Ryan

I dunno...blasting off a 'N1 for sale' and then only thing 'N1' about his car is the engine. Can he even prove that? Like I said, that engine does not look like any I've seen with only 27k km's on it...too much paint missing and a VIN plate that's just barely hanging on. Perhaps he's simply repeating what he was told when he bought the car but then someone snookered him...still doesn't make it right.