SAU Community

My Boot In My 32 Gtr

Travis32

Lol,U know what i love about you ppl?Ya's can sit here n put shit on ppl that have a go it may not be perfect but once trimmed ya's will never notice.N as for ya pathetic little comment "thats a pretty gay install" your f**kin car is pretty gay mate they aint n abortion theyre actually pretty damn good mate so keep ur little remarks to urself until u can show everyone uve done better.Since when this forum been bout puttin shit on ppl specially ones that actually have ago n dont put shit on others.Ur pathetic mate

Oh n it doesnt weigh to much either but yeah not ur car

You know what i love about morons like yourself? You're either too damn stupid, or too lazy to type complete words instead of typing like a 13 year old trying to score with a hot chick on a chat room. Instead of sounding like a complete retard, you could have written a coherent response, rather than just rolling your face across the keyboard and hoping a sentence comes out afterwards.

If you knew anything about car audio, you'd know that no matter what you do, the port on that box will make that woofer very peaky and have limited response. I doubt you've checked the phase plot or graphed the frequency response, being that you need more than a peanut sized brain to do so. Your parcel shelf that you've built is far too thick to sit flush against the rear window, and as for your choice of mounting, thats a lot of effort for no gain in SQ and a really ugly way to obscure your vision. For the record, i have sold hundreds of custom boot fit outs, i know what looks good in a car and what looks like crap. I've seen many home jobs and yours is nothing flash.

If you knew anything about cars, you'd also realise what others have pointed out. It will weigh a lot, and make your car handle like a bag of shit, as well as ruining your rear shocks and other suspension components.

So mate, don't paste a thread on a forum expecting everyone to kiss your arse over your half done job, when generally, people on this forum would probably consider what you've done the complete opposite to what they consider to be a performance enhancing modification. If you already consider your job to be good, then why seek approval on a forum? You're only trying to stroke your ego (and yourself) by posting and seeking everyone's approval. The mark of real confidence, is building something and not bragging about it to everyone, and being happy in your own work. So you can head down to the local macca's car park and pick up some 15 year old wheel biters with your fully sick install, but prepared to get laughed at by anyone who has any idea about skylines or car audio.

I'll sum it up for you in simple to understand terms, so theres no confusion on your end.

-Will sound bad

-Looks bad (currently)

-Makes bad handling

-Makes the car Slower

If thats too much for you to grasp, just go eat a dick.

You know what i love about morons like yourself? You're either too damn stupid, or too lazy to type complete words instead of typing like a 13 year old trying to score with a hot chick on a chat room. Instead of sounding like a complete retard, you could have written a coherent response, rather than just rolling your face across the keyboard and hoping a sentence comes out afterwards.

If you knew anything about car audio, you'd know that no matter what you do, the port on that box will make that woofer very peaky and have limited response. I doubt you've checked the phase plot or graphed the frequency response, being that you need more than a peanut sized brain to do so. Your parcel shelf that you've built is far too thick to sit flush against the rear window, and as for your choice of mounting, thats a lot of effort for no gain in SQ and a really ugly way to obscure your vision. For the record, i have sold hundreds of custom boot fit outs, i know what looks good in a car and what looks like crap. I've seen many home jobs and yours is nothing flash.

If you knew anything about cars, you'd also realise what others have pointed out. It will weigh a lot, and make your car handle like a bag of shit, as well as ruining your rear shocks and other suspension components.

So mate, don't paste a thread on a forum expecting everyone to kiss your arse over your half done job, when generally, people on this forum would probably consider what you've done the complete opposite to what they consider to be a performance enhancing modification. If you already consider your job to be good, then why seek approval on a forum? You're only trying to stroke your ego (and yourself) by posting and seeking everyone's approval. The mark of real confidence, is building something and not bragging about it to everyone, and being happy in your own work. So you can head down to the local macca's car park and pick up some 15 year old wheel biters with your fully sick install, but prepared to get laughed at by anyone who has any idea about skylines or car audio.

I'll sum it up for you in simple to understand terms, so theres no confusion on your end.

-Will sound bad

-Looks bad (currently)

-Makes bad handling

-Makes the car Slower

mate your a F@#K WIT

we dont need people like your on the forum being so negative

and man dont worry what the other shit heads are saying there just jealous.

thanks champ n in the title i will put the waste of gay weighted install in my gtr lol

I have read this post from start to finish and looked at the pics.

And I have a different point of view.

This guy is not a pro. Nor is he claiming to be.

From what I gather he is some guy in a shed working on his car. Now c'mon fella's who doesnt enjoy that?

In the shed, a beer, maybe a mate or two and the missus in the house talking about tupperware.. Well you get the picture..

This is a forum for car enthusiasts of all differing skill levels.

Some are backyards. Some are industry professionals.

But. We all share one passion - Cars. And in this case Skylines.

So. how about as industry professionals we give the guy some useful advice rather than telling him how crap he is and just turning him off our advice.

Who knows in the future he may want to know something and due to this experience wont bother asking here.

I know after quite a few years installing that professional boots are better. Sure. thats why we are professionals. But, heres a question for you - How good was your first boot instal. The one you did in your shed before you pursued a career in car audio?

I am pretty sure I can guarantee that at the time you did it you would have thought you were great. But as we all know after doing 100 or more boot installs the speed, skill level and creativity improoves no end.

So. I'm asking you industry pro's to provide this guy some useful advice that he can learn and use to get better while working on his pride and joy in the back shed.

Some of the things that I would say in a constructive way are:

: use a round tip router on the edges of some of the wood to remove the hard edges

: use thinner (even 3mm) wood for pieces that are purely decorative and have no structural purpose

: Ensure that when its is fully installed you still have access to cabling incase something goes wrong

: make sure the box is correectly sealed or internal fiberglassed and of the right volume

so theres 4 to start with.

who else wants to offer some non abusive helpful advice to a fellow car lover?

We dont have to teach him every single in and out behind the scenes piece of knowledge he might need. But it isnt gonna hurt to at least point this guy in the right direction.

-Will sound bad

-Looks bad (currently)

-Makes bad handling

-Makes the car Slower

Hey everyone check this tool out.

-Will sound bad

-Looks bad (currently)

-Makes bad handling

-Makes the car Slower

Well im sorry to bust ur ego f**k wit.But It sounds insane,its not finished yet the car will out handle ur pos 200sx n blow the doors off ur pos 200sx so b4 u go runnin ur mouth i suggest you do ya home work.N u r a f**k wit.The main reason i put the pics up is cos in the past ive read ppl were after pics of boot installs in r32s you tool.

As for the parcel tray n the whole install its not anywhere near finished yet so go run ur mouth else where.N if ur so educated on the topic why would u open ur mouth n say it sounds shit.Mate its Sound quality is awesome n the bass is insane.Amprs arent even on half n it shakes my mates house more than 100m away.So once finished trimmed n fully tuned it will be better than u n anything u could do so y dont you put something up that was ur first attempt (like this is my first) and lets all see how good you are mate cos personally i think ur just some try hard on a skyline forum with out a skyline dribblin shit to make urself feel good mate.N as for the 15 yr old hot chick chat room shit grow a f**kin brain mate.Maybe ur the pedifile pickin little girls up so dont start with that shit either

At the end of the day i was just post my pics up as stated above to show r32 owners that ya can fit a boot install in the cars so Cya later mate n keep ur loser remarks to urself

Looks good mate, what are the rest of the plans with it???

Thanks mate um just gonna finish the boot carpet it n retune the stereo.Got heaps more plan for the car it self tho

looks cool.... not the best i've seen... but still cool... great job.

how much did it cost u?

hey mate thanks ay its cost me nothing not finished yet i had all the amps wiring n sub etc so yeah got the wood for free etc so thought id have a go

I have read this post from start to finish and looked at the pics.

And I have a different point of view.

This guy is not a pro. Nor is he claiming to be.

From what I gather he is some guy in a shed working on his car. Now c'mon fella's who doesnt enjoy that?

In the shed, a beer, maybe a mate or two and the missus in the house talking about tupperware.. Well you get the picture..

This is a forum for car enthusiasts of all differing skill levels.

Some are backyards. Some are industry professionals.

But. We all share one passion - Cars. And in this case Skylines.

So. how about as industry professionals we give the guy some useful advice rather than telling him how crap he is and just turning him off our advice.

Who knows in the future he may want to know something and due to this experience wont bother asking here.

I know after quite a few years installing that professional boots are better. Sure. thats why we are professionals. But, heres a question for you - How good was your first boot instal. The one you did in your shed before you pursued a career in car audio?

I am pretty sure I can guarantee that at the time you did it you would have thought you were great. But as we all know after doing 100 or more boot installs the speed, skill level and creativity improoves no end.

So. I'm asking you industry pro's to provide this guy some useful advice that he can learn and use to get better while working on his pride and joy in the back shed.

Some of the things that I would say in a constructive way are:

: use a round tip router on the edges of some of the wood to remove the hard edges

: use thinner (even 3mm) wood for pieces that are purely decorative and have no structural purpose

: Ensure that when its is fully installed you still have access to cabling incase something goes wrong

: make sure the box is correectly sealed or internal fiberglassed and of the right volume

so theres 4 to start with.

who else wants to offer some non abusive helpful advice to a fellow car lover?

We dont have to teach him every single in and out behind the scenes piece of knowledge he might need. But it isnt gonna hurt to at least point this guy in the right direction.

thanks mate i really appreciate ur post ay i got all the wood for free so thats the main reason ive done it that way i have but yeah that other guy should be spoken to by the moderators

Ha, i am not into boot job of a car, i prefer a boob job of a girl. lol I know both weight tones but looks nicer.

If someone has done something to share with us, just leave mild comments or suggest some real improvement methods...

saying other people gay or suck his own dick don't helps, and make other readers feel uncomfortable. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Travis - this is your 1st job.

Those fellahs that have done x X 100s, I wonder what their 1st job was like?

You'll learn from this with a steep learning curve even on your 2nd job one day.

I wish there was more humility on this thread rather than hacking out - but I say to you, keep it up, and enjoy :)

not too bad for a home job. do agree with weight though. I see a kicker prefab box in there as well. is the box the correct size for that woofer.

the rear shelf I can see working (with a lot of bog and sanding.) but a flat one would suffice IMO.

what did you do up front?