SAU Community

cops crack down on drifters

skyzerr33

Originally posted by MrSnrub

I agree the media defiantly blow this stuff out of proportion...but what can you do.

Exactly. What ARE you gonna do ? Nothing.

Operation Canary continues.....:eek:

B4 you go to the cruises

1. Make sure you have a map

2. Make sure your cars is legal

3. Get a permits for your mods

4. Dont do anything Stupid on public roads

5. Dont be a smart ass when stopped my a cop

6. Be considerate to other drivers

7. Have Fun!

I think this pretty much sums up... got anything else to add?

cheers

Joe

Originally posted by Pva_Glue

B4 you go to the cruises

1. Make sure you have  a map

2. Make sure your cars is legal

3. Get a permits for your mods

4. Dont do anything Stupid on public roads

5. Dont be a smart ass when stopped my a cop

6. Be considerate to other drivers

7. Have Fun!

I think this pretty much sums up... got anything else to add?

cheers

Joe

yeah i think Joe is telling us this from his experiences so i think there is something in this for all of us especially point number 5 huh!

When we do big cruises should we do what the rollaboyz do and tell the cops our map so it lets them feel as though they still have control of us but without really being incontrol. i don't want to be stereotypical but i have had a lot of dealing with police from working in the clubs. A lot of them like to be respected ineverything they do hence the blue flashly lights and the gun around there waste a lot of them let it go to their head. If they feel like they know whats going in then they feel respected...

Just a suggestion thats all there is pros & cons to it....such as arousing suspicion to the police......

Oh and the swear filter ****ING SUCKS **** not letting me put co-ckburn :lol:

As for the "Get a permit for your mods"

I have tried!! They are f ucking useless in that place.

"Oh we cant give you a permit until you get a yellow" ..... and "We dont have the "Blitz" pod filter on our list, only K&N and a few others"

I WANT to pay to havea permit but its not as easy as it sounds. Has anyone else hot permits and where did you get it?

Ben

Originally posted by MrSnrub

"Oh we cant give you  a permit until you get a yellow"  

WTF?

And AFAIK: They only say "Aftermarket air cleaner", or do they say "K&N model 43434354354 High Performance air cleaner replacement with built-in can opener" ??

Originally posted by 25GTT

yeah i think Joe is telling us this from his experiences so i think there is something in this for all of us especially point number 5 huh!

When we do big cruises should we do what the rollaboyz do and tell the cops our map so it lets them feel as though they still have control of us but without really being incontrol.

As I recall, the rb cruise where they let the cops know was a disaster. They were followed and yellows were award to special cars. I think we're far better off if the cops consider us ordainary commuters.

And yeah, Joe knows all about point 5, don't ya :)

Originally posted by 25GTT

When we do big cruises should we do what the rollaboyz do and tell the cops our map so it lets them feel as though they still have control of us but without really being incontrol. i don't want to be stereotypical but i have had a lot of dealing with police from working in the clubs. A lot of them like to be respected ineverything they do hence the blue flashly lights and the gun around there waste a lot of them let it go to their head. If they feel like they know whats going in then they feel respected...

Just a suggestion thats all there is pros & cons to it....such as arousing suspicion to the police......

Oh and the swear filter ****ING SUCKS **** not letting me put co-ckburn :lol:

Tell the cops about cruises? no fu(king likely unless you DO want to be yellowed and have cops with radar guns everywhere. The little rollaboyz only tell the cops about their cruises cause they want to seem like they are a legitamit car club.

Im also agreeing with summoner the tv stations and cops have no fu(king clue, Leach hwy only resulted because beldon was shut down but the nazi scum, this was after tuart hill was shut down. It seems to me that all 'we' want is a place to hang out with our cars without a police presence, but all the cops want is for us not to congregate in areas, which is pretty ****. Leach hwy stuff is harmless, but as usual the cops are missing the bigger picture

Guest Butters_99

I am with Mr Lard and Summoner.

Operation Canary is a joke !!

"Operation Sticker(Canary) the ****ers coz we want to look good to the Public" is a better name.

I am sick and tired of cops using Stickers to hurt people. If there is somehting being done wrong. Do something about it.

Use yellows what they were intended for. smoke blowing POS's !!!

/end rant

Originally posted by RB20LagWagon

Im also agreeing with summoner the tv stations and cops have no fu(king clue, Leach hwy only resulted because beldon was shut down but the nazi scum, this was after tuart hill was shut down. It seems to me that all 'we' want is a place to hang out with our cars without a police presence, but all the cops want is for us not to congregate in areas, which is pretty ****. Leach hwy stuff is harmless, but as usual the cops are missing the bigger picture

You could always get a patition going asking the government to provide an area for such activities.

which they will probably reply with, we have barbagello raceway if there in a good mood or laugh at you any other time.

You could approach Barbagello to organise times, but they don't have lights for night time fun and most of you wouldn't want to pay the $$ to cover there costs and insurance needs for holding the event.

Originally posted by Gradenko

As I recall, the rb cruise where they let the cops know was a disaster. They were followed and yellows were award to special cars. I think we're far better off if the cops consider us ordainary commuters.

When was that??? The couple that i have been on the cops will cruise over and do what cops do "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?" then the main guys tell them that maps have been given and cleared with blah blah dept and was accepted then they drive off...... do you think they would do the same if we were in a big group rocking up at once??

Please understand guys I am not saying we should or shouldn't tell the cops it is up to you guys I am only putting pros and cons for both sides of the fence. I just don't want a group such as this being on channel 7 next... "last night at City West a group of car enthusiasts ended up being arrested for not comlpying with police presence to leave the area when requested, 20 offences have been listed and certain members of this renegade car club are now due in court in 1 month" I can see the headlines now! :lol:

Hmmmm actually that has PVA GLUE Written all over it!

Anywayz guys i just wanted opinions as to what you thought about giving police maps like how the rollaboyz do by the sounds of it it aint to promising:uh-huh:

Gees, PVA is getting totally harrased. Just cause he has little to no self control, and gets in trouble with the law, and is an accident waiting to happen does not mean we can bag him in every post, leave the poor sucker alone.

Greg. :devfu:

(PS, Don't really stop if you don't want to):D

Originally posted by GTS-4OrCeD

Gees, PVA is getting totally harrased.  Just cause he has little to no self control, and gets in trouble with the law, and is an accident waiting to happen does not mean we can bag him in every post, leave the poor sucker alone.

Greg. :devfu:

(PS, Don't really stop if you don't want to):D

ur a spoil sport greg go get adam another coke

joe loves it

Originally posted by Gradenko

And yeah, Joe knows all about point 5, don't ya :D

I remember one rollaboyz night time cruise into the hills that i stumbled upon once that went into the hills, they told the cops about, The police decided to set up a booze bus on the nice switch back parts on mundaring weir road! Yer thats a real good reason to- tell the cops about cruises, Cops are wankers, thats the reason they are cops, for that power trip they get when pulling over a 18 year old in a commmodore and making the guy suck dick.

Sorry about the rant, just tonight i got followed twice by police on the way to work, minding my own business. not speeding, i dont like living in a police state.

RB gets to much police attention especially when they tell the police where they're going. As for leach hwy being used as a drag strip, thats plain stupid.. The reason all those cars kept going back and forth that night is because they didnt know if they were going to wellard, ankatell or naval base.

I have permits now for my bucket seats and my tacho. Mrsnrub blitz pod shouldn't be an issue, we have 1 of those steel 1's on the sti and got a permit for it as "aftermarket filter", aslong as it has a securing bracket.

Last night went there in friends car parked away and had a looksi, a few cars, nowhere near as many as used to be... went to look at a VL 5L and cop literly said "what you guys doing here? pissoff because your all loitering".. goto love that tact :D

haha yeh thats just it, fair enough less than normal, but still a reasonable turnout, few 180sx's, silvia's skylines, v8's etc. Lotsa talent this time too. Cops did make themselves felt tho being here there and everywhere, but was all fun :(

They ignored me when i questioned them about the new story.. or about permits for modifications performed on their vehicle etc :D

Ah well.. its all good :D

yeh with the permits, any air filter is permittable as long as its secure...

the just write it down as 'aftermarket air cleaner fitted to intake system' well thats what they did with mine and i know a few people with varying filters which are all permittable