SAU Community

Audi Type Led Strips For Front Parkers

johnr

i have tried, no one in wa are willing (risking) to open up the headlights to install these in. maybe someone in your state is willing to? if not then there are 2 options

1. get the smd strips instead and install them along the outside of the parkers

2. give cincity in the U.S a call they have a few mods for the G35 headlights but bare in mind they are expensive for a set ($1k+ usd)

also it is very hard to get your hands on one of the actual LED that the Audi uses as the ones on ebay are NOWHERE as bright as the real ones. even if they say for daytime use it actually isnt as bright. i manage to get a set that is very simialr when i was on holiday in malaysia aus was $320.

GL.

Has anyone converted their front parking lights to the Audi type LED strips; or can you direct me to some more info on how it can be done?

Why not hit up your local Jaycar Electronics, i used to work there and they had LED strips and SMD Strips. When i was there they had

one which was on a ribbon, and the other was on a hard plastic. Maybe now they have something in-between.

Oh and yes they are 12v, but NOT pre wired. but no biggie running two wires from the ports provided.

Yeah, you can get waterproof LED strips from lots of places. I believe some are automotive oriented, so they're bright enough.

An acquaintance as a Civic with them, and he works for Strathfield Car Radio. It looks really good.

Guys all those links above with the leds i can assure that none of them are bright enough for daytime use. i have tried...bought 6 or so types SMD, angel eyes led including the one above wit Flyingel link they are NOT bright enough for daytime use.

if you want bright and original daytime LED like the audi ones expect to pay $200+ each.

or you can get away with these...

undefined

even they are not bright enough for my car during the day.

if you guys check the v35 cruise in wa i have a pic there that has these on my car.

havnt had a problem with them yet roy. as far as im concern as long as they are white and not blinking (runs on stable) then they should be fine. im changing mine next week with better ones (as these ahave a tinge of blue in them) together with hids i just bought.

ill post up pics once its done or ill see you at the rd3 wa v cruise.

did u end up buying HID headlights or are u fitting a HID kit on the stock reflector housing? plz do post pics up coz I'm keen on buying a set of HID...5600 or 6000k but unsure if they'll blind oncoming

• 2 months later...
Iv got 8000k on mine and have not had any complaints or people flash me, i reckon 6000k should be fine. Odawise jus go 4 da factory HId ones.They round 4300k i think.

The led strips I purchased from the US are good but not bright enough for daytime use in the strip parking lights. Has anyone replaced the 5W parking globes with high intensity LEDs so that the strip lights up during daytime driving?