SAU Community

Cams To Use With Hks 2835 52t Turbines

Turbz_13

Remember OPINION isn't FACT...

There are part numbers on the picture of the core so why dont you check facts rather than voicing opinions. Facts with cause me the all the issues not opinions once they go on my engine

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I have no idea why some guys are saying they aren't 2835s?? They seem to be guessing based on one known set of 2835 with different housings. Definitely NOT 2530, or 25 anything. The rear wheel is 10 blade with pitch that looks EXACTLY like a GT30 based wheel - although cropped to 56mm.

Which is what a 2835 is. These just appear to have different housing - perhaps earlier (or later) models?

Remember OPINION isn't FACT... There are part numbers on the picture of the core so why dont you check facts rather than voicing opinions. Facts with cause me the all the issues not opinions once they go on my engine

I trust you aren't talking to me with this rant? I'm helping you out here.

Cause all I've given you is facts, my only opinions such as I've given previously eg. "looks like" are stated like that because of my uncertainly of YOUR measurements.

I'm in the business of measurements and I see people FARK up all the time. You'd be amazed how much an effect preconceptions and subjectivity can have on objective measurements. ie. FACTS aren't always facts.

You measured the wheels both exducer and inducer - if the measurements are the same as 2835's - the link I gave you with FACTS. Actually measurements to within 0.1mm.

Then count the blades on the rear = 10 (25 series have 9 blades)

Then see that they are badged at 2835. Now nothing is certain in this world, not even Newtonian physics, but I'd be pretty damn sure they are 2835. Even if they aren't the blade charaterisctics of size, pitch and number of blades ensures they will behave like a 2835.....unless they are Chinese copies made from balsa wood.

Wow not sure why so many people don't believe they are 2835's I am positive they are, I have seen these turbo's before though they were made in limited numbers. I am sure they flow less than GT-RS. HKS rated them at like 760hp so between 2540 & GT-RS on a 26 you wont see any boost till 4500rpm.

On the right motor (rb30/26) they would be fine for street/track.

Reading through all posts I think most had never heard of the low mount 2835 kit hence assumptions were made. Others just tried to enforce an opinion based on the persons profile status, anyway no harm no foul. OP don't take offence bud there is some good advice offered here, if you need to spend more money to get these operational than a better performing (brand new turbo) why would you?

So how will these perform. Iv got a built bottom stock top? Iv been in a gtrs equipped car and it was laggy as shit. But gave a decent wack

They will be very laggy, being as they need a lot of money to get going you would be better off buying a set of working -5s, you will make similar power as you probably won't be able to push the 2835s that hard where as the -5s will come on sooner with less lag. They also won't need new piping etc like going a single will.

So how will these perform. Iv got a built bottom stock top? Iv been in a gtrs equipped car and it was laggy as shit. But gave a decent wack

I would say you have it there mate "laggy as shit" you need head work (porting)and cams to be able to live with them on the street. The GT-RS has a smaller zorst wheel so may be more responsive than these but are rated higher hp from HKS. That would give a good indication as to why these were never made in large quantity's.

Not to bad. Mid 300's i seemed to see a bit of. Is that their flow limit? What the max ppl have gotten out of them?

400s, and they will look and fit much nicer than a big single, I think they will suit your goal better than anything else, also quite well priced.

Edited by Rolls