SAU Community

March Photo Thread

siddr20

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the re-post but after reading some of the tips in the stickied section I adjusted my photos. I think they look much better. What do you guys think?

SilverGhostII-1.jpg

Seashell-1.jpg

i rekon these two would be better on a sharper background. the cloth takes away from the sharp lines, esp in the shell

i rekon these two would be better on a sharper background. the cloth takes away from the sharp lines, esp in the shell

Thanks for the tip. What would you recommend for a sharp background? Something flat (i.e a wall) or something with lines and depth like in the Buddha photo?

Latest updates to project 365 have FINALLY been uploaded to my site! Would post them here, but would probably spam so quicker to just link it.

If you want, subscribe to my blog for weekly updates too it, don't blame you if you dont want to though haha.

Project 365

Just some I took of a local car, yes it needs to be lowered. I just found him at the gas station and had the camera though.

15qfbig.jpg

s2bp09.jpg

Edited by AKW

Had NO clue my engine was that dirty then I popped the hood to try this shot and wow is all I can say, I need to do some spring cleaning for real.

2s98y06.jpg

Some of the stuff in the park today...

33lzhv7.jpg

fbbbcy.jpg

15hy539.jpg

vh9650.jpg

o6ebmf.jpg

123v8g4.jpg

Edited by AKW

^ nice :(

If you own a tripod, then there is no need to go above iso 100 at night time (referring to long exposures).

Turn off in camera noise reduction (you dont need it).

^ nice :(

If you own a tripod, then there is no need to go above iso 100 at night time (referring to long exposures).

Turn off in camera noise reduction (you dont need it).

yeah, both were taken on a tripod, top one was a 30sec exposure, bottom was 60 seconds I think, both ISO 100, but I don't think I turned noise reduction off.

Because it takes ages for the pic to load into memory card... Plus if you shoot at iso 100 there is no need.

Erm.. doesn't take ages to load into the memory card..

What it does is - Well what my D80 does anyway:

You take a 30 second photo

Then the camera takes another 30 second photo but with the shutter closed

(this results in a pure black image - except for the noise, hot pixels etc

then its quickly subtracts the two and saves that

(not the best explanation ever but yeah)

yea so you still gotta wait for a while to take the next shot.. Imagine if you doing a 10min exposure or something. I remember accidentally leaving it on when i first started doing star trails. Oh god that was painful waiting and waiting and waiting.. But now i just take 13 second exposures and combine an hours worth or so.. But thats a different story..

Anyways just my 2 cents..

Edited by siddr20