SAU Community

Direction Of The Speeding Vehicle On The Photo Evidence.

Luk

very simple... i personally have gotten this myself... go talk to them show there is other cars in the photo regardless of direction which can cause a refraction affect on the signal being sent from the camera and back... they will have to prove beyond all doubt that this did not happen which is not possible and they will disqualify the fine and clear your record.

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/western-australia/

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if the camera is only set up to measure one direction, other cars within the radar beam DO produce erroneous readings - as shown ACTUALLY HAPPENING in the first video on this page: http://www.delonixradar.com.au/speed-cameras/

I just love how people are quick to say "don't speed and just pay the fine". I wish Australia was full of more people like that...NOT

Just shut up and pay your governemnt their revenue (even if you weren't actually speeding) is what (they) want you to do. This preserves their billion dollar tax rort on drivers.

Just google "Eastlink speed camera" and see how many HUNDREDS of people are complaining about deliberately doing well under the limit (because they know the camera is there) or setting their cruise control and STILL getting fines from that one camera. But hey "don't speed can pay the fine"

Interesting how people set their cruise control on Eastlink, driving past MANY speed cameras, but it's the Wellington Road one that fines them for that magical number 108Km/h when all the other cameras dont' issue a fine??

It's also interesting how the police state that around 50% of speeding fines on Eastlink come from that one camera on Wellington Road - yet that must be normal, and not suggest a problem with that particular camera??

But "Don't speed, and pay up"

Yea right

It doesn't matter if the camera is only set up to measure one direction, other cars within the radar beam DO produce erroneous readings - as shown ACTUALLY HAPPENING in the first video on this page: http://www.delonixradar.com.au/speed-cameras/

I just love how people are quick to say "don't speed and just pay the fine". I wish Australia was full of more people like that...NOT

Just shut up and pay your governemnt their revenue (even if you weren't actually speeding) is what (they) want you to do. This preserves their billion dollar tax rort on drivers.

Just google "Eastlink speed camera" and see how many HUNDREDS of people are complaining about deliberately doing well under the limit (because they know the camera is there) or setting their cruise control and STILL getting fines from that one camera. But hey "don't speed can pay the fine"

Interesting how people set their cruise control on Eastlink, driving past MANY speed cameras, but it's the Wellington Road one that fines them for that magical number 108Km/h when all the other cameras dont' issue a fine??

It's also interesting how the police state that around 50% of speeding fines on Eastlink come from that one camera on Wellington Road - yet that must be normal, and not suggest a problem with that particular camera??

But "Don't speed, and pay up"

Yea right

dont speed bro. pay up

if you are really curious about this other car just get in contact with them thats when everything will be cleared out well i hope.

i have heard about these new 360 degree cameras and that can cover 4 lanes that they might be introducing. anyone else heard about it?

ok not that long ago i went through the speed camera thing and its just 2 hard to fight (im 99% that i was not speeding) but in the end i just payed the fine. if there is another car in the photo try and get the fine dismissed. but unless u have legal knowledge dont bother going to court its just 2 hard.

and if u know that u were speeding then stop spamming up SAU and pay the fine

Re two direction use of the cameras..

I stopped and questioned an operator late last year after we were flashed.. He said the cameras were capable of reading the speed of traffic (and capable of photographing both directions) if they were set up properly on the right angle on particular roads that allowed it.

He was a pro and mentioned he could always set his camera up this way, so it's worth being aware that you can still get done whilst traveling in the opposite direction by nice guys that believe in infringement equality.

also, don't speed, pay up.

When I were a lad ( :)) I got pinged on Canning Hwy coming down the hill past Melville motors. I was riding my brakes and within the limits. At the time of the flash a truck passed me on the outside so I naturally assumed it was him. When I recieved the fine I went into east perth to question it and view the photo. Interestingly there was no truck in the photo, Infact there wasn't a car on the road anywhere!!!!! at peak hour???? I suspect the truck driver got a fine too.