SAU Community

White R35 At Pickles On Monday

Anybody know the history on this car??

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehicle/CP-...lotid-103142706

Goes under the hammer on Monday night...

Looks like it has been repossessed The spare key and log book are missing. (tilt tray has dragged it away and the owner still has the spare key and log book)..also has 4 bald tyres.

I googled the number plate and it was for sale at Damillians when it has 2000ks on it..

Anybody know any more about the car.

Im estimating it will go for $115k..

Thoughts??

Kev

Anybody know the history on this car??

http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehicle/CP-...lotid-103142706

Goes under the hammer on Monday night...

Looks like it has been repossessed The spare key and log book are missing. (tilt tray has dragged it away and the owner still has the spare key and log book)..also has 4 bald tyres.

I googled the number plate and it was for sale at Damillians when it has 2000ks on it..

Anybody know any more about the car.

Im estimating it will go for $115k..

Thoughts??

WOW......115k would be cheap if it's only worn tires.........I reckon 130k

$115k for the car

$2530 for Pickles fees

$5000 for stamp duty

$4000 for 4 x new tyres

spare key...$450??

total = $126980

It would need to be around this price considering that a good low klm (this one has 22k klms) can be had for mid $150s including stamp duty.

The wheels also have scratches.

Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

$115k for the car

$2530 for Pickles fees

$5000 for stamp duty

$4000 for 4 x new tyres

spare key...$450??

total = $126980

It would need to be around this price considering that a good low klm (this one has 22k klms) can be had for mid $150s including stamp duty.

The wheels also have scratches.

Will be interesting to see what it goes for.

You should be able to get tyres for much less than $4000. Theres a tyre thread in the General Maintenance forum. Dunlop DSST600s $2648 delivered.

I was there lastnight, the R35 just looked crap considering its 6 months old, it got too much for what it was

ahh yes also it had no service history and it was a repo

yes, bald tyres, no log book, no spare key = repo

being able to finance a car of that value and then having it repossessed within 6 months must having been a major downward financial spiral...I feel for the guy.

Kev

bahaha @ 135K auction fees

that's the demographic you get at auctions though

i once had a day off work when i was 19

went to one of those "police stolen goods" auctions with a mate - never before had i honestly felt like i was Ginger Meggs.

long story short -the stuff that happens at auctions in aust is crazy

at this auction peopole were paying about $300 for stolen mountain bikes - bikes- stolen and abused... and "repco" / "dunlop" brands

i was going to buy a brand new in box elec triple foil shaver - it was the at-the-time brand new phillips shaver that cleaned itself when on standby

i remember it went for $180

it retailed for $185 or 190 by recollection.

save 5 or 10 bucks on an impulse purchase for something you dont even need?

another thing that was there - jewellery. abundances of jewellery, recovered from theft. the purpose of jewellery is to show passers by that you are a person of wealth class and taste.

wearing jewellery that belonged to someone else that was once stolen, then recovered. then purchased at auction at a (what you beleive to be a) discounted price - - - - - - NOTHING is classy, wealthy or tasteful about that!

Thats a ridiculas price even without the pickles fees etc. Seriously $140k for 22k of launch control, need tyres and no service record? Surely there are are some babied ones on carpoint for similar money.. The last auction i went to was 6 mnths ago in Brisvegas, there was an Audi r8 i wanted to bid on.. It had 15,000 ks, had scratches on nearly every panel, somehow worn front seat on side bolstering, no log books and was a repo.. I was thinking $120k-$140k + Pickles.. It started at $160k and ended up at $190k? WTF with fees it was $200k.... No one in the room was bidding it was all online? :thumbsup: Lets see if this white one ends up on carpoint from some dealer in a few weeks....

on the whole the people bidding knew what they were doing mainly because only serious bidders who have done their homework were allowed in, $10 entry fee kept the nervous unsure people out and most things sold for well under private/dealer sale price except for the R35.

There was an RS4 with a fake bidder who won it but then they found out he didn't have a deposit, so it went up to auction again a minute later and the same idiot wanted to keep bidding on it????

Car ended up getting an extra $2k ontop of the first hammer fall... go figure?

I don't know about other auction houses but when pickles is at belmore there prices are greatly inflated to the point where it is better to go to a dealer and not even try haggleing for a better price, and atleast you know the car works aswell. Has anyone noticed that internet bidders seem to love pushing the price up but not buying when its a privately owned car but the repos have no online bidders???

Noob Q.

Is the former owner (or his relative) allowed to put in a "dummy bid" just below the reserve?

And even if it's not allowed, does it happen?

I sold a car through pickles once... Pickles had people in the audience put in dummy bids for me... 10 years ago...

I buy my cars at the ex-government auctions, and they have good and bad days, but unless I knew a car was a repo I wouldn't buy it at auction... too many cars that have been bought as damaged, dodgy repairs, and then sold at auction so the repairer doesn't need their own dealers licence, and so they don't have to look someone in the eye as they sell them a lemon...

I also stear clear of Pickles as the prices are higher than other auctions...

Daewoo

Was it JDM or ADM? If ADM theres no launch control to worry about and honestly I think it's very hard to "abuse" these cars if driven on the street. It gets to ridiculous speeds so fast that it doesnt even raise a sweat when you are driving it in a way that other cars would be having their ring revved out of them. Thrash it "properly" continuously on the road and you will end up without a licence in short shrift or worse, dead. And if it was a premium and had bridgestones or a standard with dunlops then theres a good chance the tyres may have still been original. So thats not a good indicator of how it was driven either. My Dunlops lasted 18,000 street driven. Scratches etc are another thing altogether but all in all its very encouraging for resale isnt it?