SAU Community

Best Dump/front Pipes For A 26 ?

Theres a few big name aftermarket jobbies around, mines, HKS, Tomei and the price can vary a fair bit !

is there one particular brand that is considered better than any others ? (doesnt have to be jap)

it probably wouldnt be a problem on a low power car, but looking in the vicinity of 400-450rwhp every bit of flow would help (HKS GT-SS or 2860-9's)

cheers

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for reply :D I figured they'd be adequate for th power level. Same ad turbo manifolds. But in the chase for ultimate response would bigger be better ?

Also does ceramic coating and heat wrapping give enough benefit to bother with it ?

I made some good gains in response and power using the trust dump pipe kit.

Definatly ceramic coat the ex- housings, dumps and Y pipe. Also look at a heat shield on the front dump pipe, to keep as much heat away from the rear air intake.

Cheers

Justin

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...3OY3s7APwzenwCQ

^^^^^ hands down the best fullstop.

Best factory setup is the R34 gtr getup.

cheers mate ! looks like a nice piece of kit, any insight on weather an aftermarket ex mani is worth it ? again purely for MAX RESPONSE, i know the stock item is said to be adequate for fairly high power levels, but im chasing every bit of response i can

cf drive shaft

lightened flywheel

aluminium pulleys

anything i can think of to get nice early spool so even if mani/dumps dont get more KW its not an issue

As i said above - i swapped out dumps FROM aftermarket back to stock - there was no response difference to speak of.

just dumps or full front pipes ?

I know the dumps are cast pieces but if the stock front pipes on a 26(34 Vspec II if it makes a diff to zorst) looks anything like the pressed items on my old 32 (rb20) then id want to swap them pretty quick

R32 or R33, can't remember exactly :action-smiley-069: They aren't R34 items thats for sure.

280rwkw @ just over 1bar (i think around 15-16psi) on GT-SS's.

There is a another car i know of, exactly the same setup as mine, with a smaller exhaust - 330rwkw @ 20-22psi, factory dumps as well.

That's how we came to give it a go on my car, given this car was restricted to factory dumps for some sort of class racing i was told.

I'm yet to enquire if there are anymore setups that have since followed suit so i won't speculate.

If i ever get off my ass and finish off everything, i'll end up @ the same... I'm lazy :wub:

just dumps or full front pipes ?

I know the dumps are cast pieces but if the stock front pipes on a 26(34 Vspec II if it makes a diff to zorst) looks anything like the pressed items on my old 32 (rb20) then id want to swap them pretty quick

Nah not factory front pipes, aftermarket. JUST the Dumps im talking about.

The front pipes i have are 2.25" x2 (im pretty sure) into a merge with a 3.5" from there back.

Nah not factory front pipes, aftermarket. JUST the Dumps im talking about.

The front pipes i have are 2.25" x2 (im pretty sure) into a merge with a 3.5" from there back.

cheers for the info, very knowledgeable as usual :action-smiley-069:

C.E.S here in Brisbane make a setup like the greddy setup, in stainless and mild steel, 3 inch or 3.5 inch, I run the 3.5 inch setup on my race car, I got them ceramic coated and they are surprisingly light for the size.

post-19425-1271146751_thumb.jpg

What kind of price are you looking at for those?