SAU Community

Too Tall For My Car

I'm pretty near finishing my 32 GTS-T (this sunday it should be driveable fingers crossed) and I bolted the seat in for the first time since I bought it one and half years ago to find that I have to have the seat leaning way, way back to stop my head from touching the roof! It's the sunroof model and I'm 6 foot 4 inches.

What are my seat options? Are GTR seats any lower? Or do Recaro or Bride make any seats that drop my butt height a few inches? Any other brand of seat? Looking to buy a drivers seat so I can actually drive the thing.

Bride make a rail that sits very low for their seats. I had my mates Bride Zeta III bolted in for a while and it easily dropped the height of my head by an inch.

Bride make a rail that sits very low for their seats. I had my mates Bride Zeta III bolted in for a while and it easily dropped the height of my head by an inch.

Yep, and just keep the original in case you sell the car to an Asian (like me). hehe

bride fixed back with a low max. that'll drop you way down compared to standard seating position.

+1

i have a 33 skyline with bride fixed back with low rails. im 6 foot tall and obviously got heaps of room, but my brother is 6foot6 ish and with my seat he fits in. not sure if 32s have less room inside but bride seat and rail should solve your dilemma.

hope this helps

If u have the money bride seat with supa low rails mate,i had that height problem in my 180sx and the bride seat work'd...btw i now hav a 32 4 door and hav standard seat and its fine...just nearly pushed all the way back. (im 6 foot 7 btw)

Awesome, sounds like a bride's the way to go...

scandyflick & sean, are the fixed back's legal in SA? I want to keep everything legit so if I'm ever pulled over it's 'undefectable' and I thought I had to have a reclinable seat.

saweet4dr, is yours the sunroof model? I think that's my issue, that drops the roof lining significantly.

engineers certificate makes the mounting legal, but the bride seats arent ADR approved, so not really legal no.

anyone feel free to tell me otherwise if you know..