SAU Community

Project D Drift School

Black Widow

Hi All,

I understand this will probably get deleted but i wanted to publicly pass on my sincere gratitude to Ferds, Amy, Schembri, Jabbot, Rob, Dan and everyone else involved in Project D for making yesterday such an awesome day. I would highly recommend this to ANYONE and EVERYONE who even has a remote interest in drift. It's so much fun and you learn so much. I went to the day struggling to do 180 degree handbrake turns (first activity), by the end i was doing controlled donuts around a cone and linking drifts!!!

The guys are all very professional and always offer you the best advice possible to help you improve on your techniques. Even throughout the day they are all very approachable and will answer any questions you may have, even if it's not relating to the school, they're keen to just have a chat

So thankyou again guys! I will definitely be back to do level 2! And also have some people interested in coming along to the day!

Rgds,

Nick

I will add though, its left me feeling all conflicted...i went to the day still 100% sure i'd eventually be buying a R32 GT-R....now i'm thinking it's definitely GTSt time again!

good to hear nick, where did u go to do this school day?

cause the project D forum is pretty dead lately and last i heard they were gonna organise a day at EC but never heard back from them again

Good on you Nick.

I also went to one of Fernando's school days and found it a lot of fun.

The final exercise (hand brake, clutch in, turn right quarter turn, back on power and release wheel, catch wheel, power out then counter steer and repeat in opposite direction) really messed with me and it took me ages to get it 'right'.

Which car was your fave? I couldn't drive the Sileighty properly and while the R33 chassis felt broadly similar to mine, it was noticeably heavy / unwieldy. I liked the R32 and S14 on account of their lightness.

You can still buy an R32 GT-R and deactivate the 4WD no? :)

Good stuff Nick.

A mate of mine installed my air-con for me when i was building our place, and as a thankyou got him one of these days back when OP was open.

He loved it, and so did everyone else there.

Only wish some group would run a track day where you can drive there cars for the same price:-)

I didn't think you could in R32s? This makes my decision all the more difficult lol.

I would have to say definitely the R32..it seemed to be the only car i could get stuff right in lol. Was definitely under powered, but made me miss my old RB20. I had 2 other rotations in both the s14 and the R33 for the final transition task..couldn't get it close to anything that resembled right...first run in the R32...nailed it....well not so much "nailed it" but got alot closer than i did previously and actually completed the run

The s14 i found to be really punchy and quite quick, didn't like the R33, it was quick, but yeah i found it heavy. I didn't use the sil80, but it seemed to go well from what i saw

Edited by Black Widow

Good stuff Nick.

A mate of mine installed my air-con for me when i was building our place, and as a thankyou got him one of these days back when OP was open.

He loved it, and so did everyone else there.

Only wish some group would run a track day where you can drive there cars for the same price:-)

Bobby that would be awesome..you should look into it lol.

Yeah it's a great day! I highly recommend it to anyone who even has a remote interest in cars/drift

Ah so thats what was going on at WSID yesterday!

I saw some drifting there when I went into EC circuit.

So they rent their cars out yeah? nice! Any idea on cost and future dates?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it Nick, makes me want to get back out there!

Cheers

I didn't think you could in R32s? This makes my decision all the more difficult lol.

I would have to say definitely the R32..it seemed to be the only car i could get stuff right in lol. Was definitely under powered, but made me miss my old RB20. I had 2 other rotations in both the s14 and the R33 for the final transition task..couldn't get it close to anything that resembled right...first run in the R32...nailed it....well not so much "nailed it" but got alot closer than i did previously and actually completed the run

The s14 i found to be really punchy and quite quick, didn't like the R33, it was quick, but yeah i found it heavy. I didn't use the sil80, but it seemed to go well from what i saw

OMG That's my car!

She is not underpowered *hmph*

She was making 160 at least at the wheels..

Cheers

Yeah mate it's a full day and they rotate both the cars and instructors to mix up the experience.

Details here: Project D

It's not cheap, but at least you do get a lot of drive-time. As you know a lot of these driver training courses have you on the sideline too much.

When I went, there was a V8 supercar experience on at EC the same morning, but they delayed their start as was a bit wet (soft!). They got a good gander at our drifting from the back of the grandstand.

OMG That's my car!

I thought it was the best car there out of the four Corinne. I certainly put in my best performance with her. :(

Cheers

They hold them fairly regularly weevil. Get onto the Project D website, i think they said there was more dates going up this week

Jabbot is shit

o_0

seemed ok to me...

OMG That's my car!

never said it was a bad thing...

Yeah mate it's a full day and they rotate both the cars and instructors to mix up the experience.

It's not cheap, but at least you do get a lot of drive-time. As you know a lot of these driver training courses have you on the sideline too much.

When I went, there was a V8 supercar experience on at EC the same morning, but they delayed their start as was a bit wet (soft!). They got a good gander at our drifting from the back of the grandstand.

I thought it was the best car there out of the four Corinne. I certainly put in my best performance with her. :(

Yeah when i was there, there was a Ford GT club drag meet on...i think some of them were jealous cos they knew their cars couldn't do it lol..but in all honesty there were some nice cars there...there was an epic AC Cobra *drools*

woohoo yea I think Ferds is inlove with her too.. She's an awesome little thing.. I kinda really miss her now!

Turning a R32 GTR into a rwd is as easy as pulling a fuse! Or if you are classy like me you can install a switch so you dont have to go into the engine bay to pull the fuse.

For occasional drifting a R32 gtr would be ok, but if you planned to do it a lot a gtst would be better as it is better balanced