SAU Community

Wcc Amazing Race Themed Cruise #2

Tritty

The ball is in motion and organisation has begun for the second WCC Amazing Race Themed Cruise.

Below is some information so you can set aside the day, organise a team and set aside some cash if you are on a budget. Those short on cash might like to try and win entry into the themed cruise – see www.westcoastcruisers.com.au Guest members Section>events>Contest. NOTE that contest entries close on the 7th May.

This particular Amazing Race has a challenge that requires a small entry fee of $10/person. This challenge is likely something most of you have never done before. It is physical but your average joe should have no troubles. It will add some extra thrill that can not be achieved without the cost. I hope this does not put you off, It is very exciting and I only wish I was able to take part.

DATE: 16th May 2010 - Sunday

START TIME: Check in at 9am – Event Starts at 9.30am

MEET POINT: Lake Monger Reserve Car Park – Powis Street Glendalough

ENTRY FEE: $20 per team and $10/person for a paid challenge event.

NOMINATIONS CLOSE: 10th May 2010 – Late entries may be accepted if room and equipment permit. This will incur a late fee of $10/team.

NOMINATION FORMS: Amazing_Race_Themed_Cruise__2.pdf - If you require an entry in word format for emailing in entries please email me at [email protected] and I will email you a form in word format.

PRIZES: Total entry fees will be divided up into cash prizes, excludes paid challenge fees. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place (Teams closest to the Mystery time), Best Dressed, and 1st over the finish line.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1) A TEAM - Minimum of 2, maximum of 4 people per team – The driver must have a current and valid drivers Licence.

2) Pen and note pad

3) comfortable and appropriate shoes (sneakers - NO THONGS) and clothing (Jeans or shorts and a T-Shirt/Jumper), weather protection eg, hat and sunscreen or rain coat and umbrella depending on the weather. DO NOT WEAR YOUR EXPENSIVE SHOES OR CLOTHES, you may get dirty/wet/sandy/muddy etc. FEMALES = No Skirts, Dresses or heals! BRING CAR PROTECTION – Seat covers, towels etc since you may be getting dirty/wet especially if it is raining you might want to think about your car too. A change of clothes might be handy. Hope this is clear enough.

4) A street directory may be useful

5) A packed lunch and snacks or $$ for lunch.

6) Bring bottled water or something to drink as some of the challenges are physical.

7) Some spare change for Parking will be required if you want the advantage of not driving in circles trying to find a free park.

8) A full tank of fuel – then you will not have to stop to fuel up costing you time.

9) A chair or a rug to sit on at the Finish.

10) At least 1 mobile phone per team.

11) At least 1 camera per team - may be a mobile phone camera.

BEST DRESSED: There will be a prize for the best dressed team. This could be co-ordinated with your team name, you can wear matching colours, costumes, etc. Don't sacrifice comfort and practicality for this though and make sure you wear the appropriate clothing specified in item 3 above.

GENERAL INFO:

Similar to the TV show The Amazing Race, the amazing race themed cruise is a competition, NOT A ROAD RACE!!! Road rules are to be obeyed. Teams will be timed.

There is no set course, only set destinations/checkpoints for challenges and clues. You must find your own way to each destination/checkpoint.

There will be tasks that will need to be completed in order for you to receive your next clue.

The event is likely to take the majority of the day.

Teams must fill out the nomination form and sign the disclaimer and post/email to the details supplied on the form by the closing date so that the event can be organised around definite numbers. We may accept late entries – these will incur a late fee. However if we can not accommodate your entry or supply equipment for your entry it will be refused. Best to be safe and get your entry in on time.

This event is about having FUN, the prizes are just a bonus!

ANY MALICIOUS OR FOUL PLAY WILL NOT BE TOLLERATED. Any team found to sabotage challenges to hinder other teams will be eliminated. This can be dangerous and we can not afford people to get lost or injured.

Mystery Time - Organisers will run the entire course and challenges to obtain an average completion time, this time will be used as the Mystery time. Teams closest to this time are the winners.

More info will be posted if and when I think of it, Im sure I have probably forgotten to write something.

Mark your calendars and start organising a team!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have

Edited by Tritty

Definitely get involved in this guys, i took part in the last one and it was an absolute blast, one of the funnest events i have been a part of.

Very well organised too, good on ya Tritty :)

This physical challenge stuff.. is it something I wouldn't be able to partake in due to my f**ked knee?

I dont know how bad your knee is. Can you walk, drive, climb stairs? If you have a team of three or four members we can accomodate you if you can not partake in a task nominate one of your team members to do the task for you. I dont see it as being a problem, the event is more about having fun. I try to allow for all ages, sizes, shapes and fitness levels of people when planning challenges. If you have any specific requirements you can PM me and I will discuss it with you in more detail. :ermm:

Definitely get involved in this guys, i took part in the last one and it was an absolute blast, one of the funnest events i have been a part of.

Very well organised too, good on ya Tritty :ermm:

Thanks

its a shame you cant make it to this one, maybe the rest of your team will defend the title?

Thanks

its a shame you cant make it to this one, maybe the rest of your team will defend the title?

I believe they are planning on it. Two of my team members will have their own cars by then and will be members of WCC, so i imagine they will be taking part

I dont know how bad your knee is. Can you walk, drive, climb stairs? If you have a team of three or four members we can accomodate you if you can not partake in a task nominate one of your team members to do the task for you. I dont see it as being a problem, the event is more about having fun. I try to allow for all ages, sizes, shapes and fitness levels of people when planning challenges. If you have any specific requirements you can PM me and I will discuss it with you in more detail. :bunny:

I can walk and drive (auto's and manual cars, trucks hurt :P) but stairs aren't cool.

I'll see if I can acquire a spritely young teammate :ermm:

did you just hurt your knee recently or is this an old injury?

ok well as long as you can walk that is the main thing. Most of it I think you will cope with. The good thing is its not entirely about being the fastest team, while there is a place for the first over the line, placings are based on the mystery time, which isnt neccessarily fast, so it sort of adds an element of luck. The paid challenge may be something you opt out of, bring some cash just incase, but if you get there and decide it will be too difficult just nominate a team member to do it for you. (they may hate you for making them do it twice though, hehehe)

ok well as long as you can walk that is the main thing. Most of it I think you will cope with. The good thing is its not entirely about being the fastest team, while there is a place for the first over the line, placings are based on the mystery time, which isnt neccessarily fast, so it sort of adds an element of luck. The paid challenge may be something you opt out of, bring some cash just incase, but if you get there and decide it will be too difficult just nominate a team member to do it for you. (they may hate you for making them do it twice though, hehehe)

Kinda old, busted it late last year, have to wear my hinged brace whenever I'm out and about :P

May have to resurrect Team With Benefits.. Matt?:(

yeah i thought lachlan and i were really behind because there was an acitivity i had to do buy myself, long story but yeah we ended up coming 2nd. and i think we were actually too fast compared to the mystery time.

hi my names claire been awhile since i been on a cruise and this sounds like a great way to get bak into it who do i need to talk to about paying and how

PM Sent :)