SAU Community

The best racing pedals

I had awesome racing pedals in my last car, they were made specifically for the car and actually made a difference: They felt much better and I always noticed them (they looked great) on entering the car too which was nice.

I am after some racing pedals for my R32 GT-R. Any ideas? I have done asearch but couldn't find anything. And when I check out sites online they seem to sell a lot of different kinds of pedals but none of them sem to be specifically for the Skyline. Will all of these (Sparco, momo etc...) fit easily?

Well, I find the rubber ones TOO grippy at times (ie: you can't really re-position your foot on a pedal unless you raise it off the pedal 1st). I had aluminium ones with raised steel studs (I think they were illegal actually as there was no rubber on them at all) and they were great.

I just went in the garage to have a look at mine, I thought that they had the rasied rubber studs but they have the ones that you were talking about, rasied aluminium studs so they might actually be the illegal ones, they are Razo pedals.

yeah you might get in a lil bit of trouble if you run someone over with the illegal pedals... trouble aside from what you'd expect :rofl:

The thing is though they are not slippery, not anymore than the standard ones anyway.

i also have razo metal ones, and think they r great (alittle close together gas and brake alittle close but u get use 2 it)

hehehe no such thing as too close, there's plenty of room down there for big feet....you just need to get used to it

Contary the best racing pedals are no pedals at all.

Anything that comes between your foot and the actual factory pedal further reduces feel.

Its the reason why racing shoes are made with thin soles so as to enhance feel.

So after market pedal caps (i call them those becos thats what they are...they do not actually replace the factory pedals) are actually a step back.

If pedal placement is a problem (i.e u find it hard to heel toe because the pedals are too far apart) then u can try bending the pedal stem to get the pedals to sit at the correct height and position you desire

usuckpoo: fair call. But the surface of the pedal does make a difference in feel. Steel/aluminium feels different through shoes than rubber does. And perhaps one of the major difference is visual appeal. Which IS important to some of us. As I mentioned above, when I used to hop in the Alfa, with my black Novitec pedals from Germany... I'd look at them upon entry.. they made me smile.

Ive got a metal studded brake pedal and some dodgy type r accelerator pedal. Its actually ok as it sits close to the brake, making it easy to do that cool heel and toe thingo, allbeit poorly.