SAU Community

Lonnie Area Cruise

pipster11

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How thirsty is the old rb jarryd?

I'm starting to worry about my r32 now i'm getting a re-chip and few other small bits a pieces.

Be good to catch up again.

I enjoyed the short spin you gave me with scotty W in the car also.

• 2 weeks later...
sorry i havent been on for a while but has a date and cruise been organised yet?

yeah i keep forgetting to look at this thread!!! has the route been finalized yet, its getting close!!! cant wait !!!!

Route is still not confirmed

just so many options and so many different opinions

i'm keen for driving up towards bridport then back through scottsdale and hit the sideling

had a look online and i can't see that its going to be closed down or anything and its the only one that kinda goes somewhere

Ok guys

looks like we're just gonna do a gentle meet up and cruise to beauty point

CLICK ME

i know its not the most exciting drive but it'll be good to get out and meet up

thoughts?

why are you scared to drive any great distance? if we are going to go the the effort of organising a cruise for lots of people, we might as well make it a all day thing.

Hi all

As andrew and ben said too short and not enough corners,why not go to connara juction through avoca to st marys pass down elephant pass to bicheno onto swansea down east coast to sorell,stop in to the new hobby shop and get early tea hobart area and come back to lonny.

Now this is a cruise need to leave early around 9am start.

Is this too farrr for everyone.

Being from the south I'm not up for a short straight cruise after driving up the midlands highway for it, something which goes half way around the state sounds awesome to me, I'm willing to drive up to the start and just stop back off at Hobart half way. It would make for a pretty epic day, and people don't need to go the full trip if they don't want to.

That being said, the east coast I've done to death, I'd love to find some nice roads up on the north west, perhaps even cutting back through the lakes.

everyone over on boost is keen for the short easy cruise

this is not going to be the only cruise this year

i'll organise another one as we come back into some warmth (maybe even a ski trip for those who are keen)

i'm happy with going to beauty point, meeting up and getting to know everyone and just chilling

we'll leave the longer, more scenic cruises to later in the year when its warmer

I just drove this route today for work, unfortunately i was in a hiace van not the stag but good rd,

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&am....705383&z=9

I still really like this one, my friends are very keen for this route too.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sou...352692&z=10

Edited by Punk72

I just drove this route today for work, unfortunately i was in a hiace van not the stag but good rd,

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&am....705383&z=9

I still really like this one, my friends are very keen for this route too.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sou...352692&z=10

the east coast one will be a great drive but i think we should save it for when the weather heats up a bit

there is a lack of sun at the best of times so we'd have to keep pushing on and moving forwards

i think its better to do a few smaller cruises than one massive one

sure are welcome mate

will be the morning of the 26th of june

exact time to be confirmed yet

meeting at the lower uni car park (in the middle of the straight road between the two roundabouts)

My friends and I will probably meet you guys at the start and then take a different route, we have all done a lot to our cars between cruises and are keen for a all day cruise down to Bicheno or the Lakes.

My friends and I will probably meet you guys at the start and then take a different route, we have all done a lot to our cars between cruises and are keen for a all day cruise down to Bicheno or the Lakes.

no worries mate, trying to cater for all here and keep things safe

apparently the sideling tends not to see much sun in winter and gets pretty slippery

be good to see you guys at the start tho