SAU Community

Lonnie Area Cruise

pipster11

Hey guys

More details to follow but i'm trying to organise a cruise for the 26th June

Meeting place is going to be Kmart car park (nearer to autobarn tho)

Destination: Sideling (why not, they have also redone some corners for targa too)

Anything is welcome - boostcruising members will also be coming so hopefully we get a decent amount of ppl showing up (do not attend if this bothers you)

so who wants to come?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sideling is brilliant, drove it yesterday in my parents nissan terrano td in the wet, we had a few quiet and tense moments..

if im free june 26 then ill definately be up for it, hopeing for dry weather though.

someone on boost brought up that the sideling gets no sun in winter and they had a cruise through there in winter before and some ppl struggled staying on the road

so we might try and avoid that

looking like just cruising up the west tamar, over the batman bridge, chill there for a bit and come down the east tamar

also going to have a mini-meet soon to discuss the route further, probably this weekend in town somewhere

if everyone drives sensibly and obeys the road rules, there wont be any drama on the sideling, if people insist on driving like hero's then there will be issues wherever the cruise is held.

and considering what happened recently in nsw after an sau cruise, i think it would be appropriate to keep it tame.

sav man i agree about the cradle route, lots of good driving up there aswell, might be too far for some though..

Edited by BXAFTW

thanks for the input guys

if we try and have a small meet soon i'll bring a map and we can discuss where to go, where has nice roads, where isn't too far and all those things

if we go up and around the tamar (to the batman) its got a couple of corners but its just nice cruising around there

I agree with savman and bxaftw,don;t let a bit of rain or wet roads wreck a cruise.[every one should drive to conditions]

I drive up and down the east and west tamar every week [what a boring drive] :D

He what about frankford road to westbury turn off then to osmaston,golden vally,mole creek,king solomons mines,paradise back to sheffield and the back road to e/town and back to launny any way u like. :)

Or somthing simmilar.

nissangts

Edited by NISSANGTS

I agree with savman and bxaftw,don;t let a bit of rain or wet roads wreck a cruise.[every one should drive to conditions]

I drive up and down the east and west tamar every week [what a boring drive] :D

He what about frankford road to westbury turn off then to osmaston,golden vally,mole creek,king solomons mines,paradise back to sheffield and the back road to e/town and back to launny any way u like. :)

Or somthing simmilar.

nissangts

say what now? can you put that into a google maps thingo and post it up?

i see mole creek in there, and i know targa goes through there, so i trust your planning

post up what the route looks like and the distance and we'll take it from there

Haha! I haven't been to Birchalls car park after 8 since i was 18!

I'll see if Matt wants to take the GTR for a schhhpin tonight... Keep an eye out for a white R32 GTR :(