SAU Community

Autometer Wideband Air-fuel Ratio Gauge Into R33 Ecu ?

Hi,

I recently purchased an AUTOMETER WIDEBAND AIR-FUEL RATIO GAUGE for my series 2 R33 GTS25T, The air-fuel ratio gauge comes with its own oxygen sensor and bung.

Now I was wondering if anybody can give me ideas as to what would be the best way to set this up. Should I leave the existing factory oxygen sensor (on the dump pipe of the turbo) to run the factory ECU and (drill a new hole and weld in the bung) install the Autometer oxygen sensor for the wide band unit next to it just to drive the gauge..... OR would it be possible to remove the factory oxygen sensor, install the Autometer oxygen sensor in its place and hook up the signal output wire from the gauge into the ECU directly ?

The only problem is, the factory oxygen sensor generates an output between 0 - 1 volt whereas the signal wire on the back of the Autometer wideband air-fuel ratio gauge gives a 0 - 4 volts output range....

This might be a long shot but any of you guys have experience with this ?? Is there anyway to make it all work together or would I really have to settle with two oxygen sensors sticking out of my dump pipe ? Unless the signal output wire on the back of the gauge is designed for an aftermarket ECU such as a Haltech or Motec ?

Thanks in advance.