SAU Community

New Fine

zero-R33-

My old car was stolen, got the 'we'll look into it' response. Found 2 weeks later crashed into a tree, about a million finger prints on it when they dusted but no one was found..

Did you have insurance?

I thought I should say don't get me wrong at all with what I said earlier. I wasn't having a crack the the police officers that have to enforce this, more so the fat cats at the top that give this the go ahead as a good idea. If the police hid in the bushes and spent the same time working on stopping the fks who actually steal stuff from cars or the case themselves then that would be ok. Why punish the public even more than they are, it's like the police are helping the thiefs by adding to the issues for us innocent folk. I really loath those who don't respect other peoples stuff. Ive had 3 cars broken into and a set of number plates stolen and there's basically nothing you can do, same goes for the police. I was under suspicion at first for the plates as someone used them to get petrol and piss off without paying. I didn't realise until the cops called to question me about it. On both occasions I get no help.. have to pay for new plates myself. Dumb VicRoads idiot asked me if I wanted the same number plate and I said well, no actually, I've just explained that some Fwit stole the old ones so that would be stupid. Unless they catch someone in the act of breaking in or sitting in a stolen car what can they do really? They could make a bucket load of money if they actually took the unroadworthy cars issue seriously and not target things like performance cars. I mean how many times have you been driving along and seen a bomb of a car and thought that just looks dangerous? On a side note I can't believe how many new or fairly new commodores and falcons have one taillight out, maybe it's just me? I suppose if they started targeting the easy target of average joe and his cheap knockabout car then the police/government would be very unpopular with the masses if fines/ unroadworthies where handed out in mass.

Anyway I'm obviously just rambling now.. rant over :P Thinking of the fks who have broken into my cars has just raised up feelings of how pissed off I still am about it.

Well, a locked car didn't prevent some PoS stealing my R30. And a locked car and a full alarm / immobiliser didn't prevent some other PoS trying to steal my R32 (destroyed the ignition lock, but didn't get the car).

What a load of cop out for a pathetic court system that fails to actually punish such anti-social behaviour as stealing / damaging other people's property.

it would be cheaper for us to leave it unlocked. if they want something out of your car, they will get in and get it.

with my old Holden, i didnt actually bolt it in my headunit, just jammed it in with cardboard around the edge. i thought if some one wants to smash my window ($$$) then go for my head unit, if it was bolted crowbar through the dash surround to rip it out.

this way they could yank it out and go, leaving my dash intact.

but i lock my car everywhere i go, its never unlocked in my driveway, g/f sits in the car while i go into a servo or ATM i lock it

yeah I lock my car when ever i'm not in it anyway. I remember about 8 or so years ago, I was driving with a mate of mine and we were at a red light at the intersection where that bob jane that got smashed is, there is a Shell servo across the road. Anyway for some reason we were checking out the STi that was filling up, so the guy goes to pay and some dude jumps in the car and burs off outta there like a mad man, cutting across 3 lanes of traffic into a side street. We took off after him and when we turned down the street he went down he was gone.

Ever since that day I have NEVER left my car unlocked at a servo or when I'm just going to leave the car for a couple of minutes. 20 seconds is all the time it took this low life to take it (must have been running still or on the turbo timer or something)

But yeah, I still think it's the persons own fault for leaving their car unlocked, only reason I can see the police caring for is because it's less work for them to fine the owner than it is to have to find the car or stolen goods.

Wonder if this will make insurance claims harder, will it mean you have to prove your car was locked otherwise your insurance is void seeing as its now illegal to leave it unlocked? Maybe when your car is stolen you'll get a $117 fine instead of the $15k your car is insured for

Wonder if this will make insurance claims harder, will it mean you have to prove your car was locked otherwise your insurance is void seeing as its now illegal to leave it unlocked? Maybe when your car is stolen you'll get a $117 fine instead of the $15k your car is insured for

yeah i was thinking that too, like if some lady goes in to pay for fuel, looks out the servo window notices some dude taking her handbag and phone and running off.

when she reports it, she'll be the victim for not locking, and they wont have to waste their time and money to find him cause she just paid a $117 fine. easy cash for them.

i see people when im out somewhere touching my car in a manner that looks like they are trying to open then door.. im gonna approach them and ask them what they are doing..

and its MY problem if i leave MY car unlocked...

i refuse to pay a fine so f**king stupid.